Staff member
Site Supporter
Okay, Friday match and Pairs tournament :upthumb:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
UPDATE EVERYONE ...

Looking at the numbers we've got more names this year than last and tbh it might be a bit of a squeeze fitting everyone on Pines on the Friday and then Ash over the weekend, and as we all know the more on the lakes the harder it fishes.

Here's a suggestion, assuming people don't drop out at the last minute, on the Friday match we put both Ash and Pines into the draw bag splitting then numbers over the two lakes.
Then for the Pairs, split the pairs over the two lakes also, so one half of a pair fishes Pines on the Saturday, then Ash on the Sunday, and the other half of the pair fishes Ash on the Saturday and Pines on the Sunday?

sporty

Site Supporter
Just a quick note, when you click the link to 'Account upgrades' to pay on, you will see the following options with a choice of payment methods...

View attachment 13426

Select the payment method you wish to use and then follow the instructions.
Any problems please let me know
N
Don’t qualify technically as only a member from February.
However if space is available yes please! I’ll pay if and when required, thankyou
Just a quick note, when you click the link to 'Account upgrades' to pay on, you will see the following options with a choice of payment methods...

View attachment 13426

Select the payment method you wish to use and then follow the instructions.
Any problems please let me know
p

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,
I know I've left it late (typical!) but is there still time to book onto this?
If there is I would like to fish the match on Friday and then chill out with the "Bivvie Boys" on Oaks on Saturday & Sunday.
(I don't really feel confident enough in my own miserable abilities to fish the pairs and reduce my partner to tears, but I'll have a go if you've got odd numbers......... )

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm sure we'll be able to fit you in somewhere Len as we have the whole fishery for the 3 days. ;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anyway at great cost (in terms of Brownie Points) and inconvenience to ourselves Dave and I will be there this Friday and Saturday for a recce purely to check things out for those attending the event and you can rest assured that we'll be working extremely hard both days and not in anyway having a "Jolly". :LOL:(y)

Total

Site Supporter
'Jolly/recce'.....That'll be other terms for getting your eye in then!;):giggle:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Len, you are part of the furniture, and still within the timeline for booking on, so of course you can.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
'Jolly/recce'.....That'll be other terms for getting your eye in then!;):giggle:
:eek: That's very cynical Mark, some obviously don't appreciate the lengths that the forum staff go to to ensure the best for the members. ;)

Total

Site Supporter
:eek: That's very cynical Mark, some obviously don't appreciate the lengths that the forum staff go to to ensure the best for the members. ;)
^^:giggle:......You're old school Peter! ;).......No Cynicism intended. ;).....

Total

Site Supporter
And of course our Dave needs to test his new replacement feeder rod!;):D:giggle:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've updated the lists on the first page :upthumb:

If anyone else wishes to join us for the weekend please let me know asap - don't forget this isn't just for the match anglers or specimen anglers, there is plenty of fishing for pleasure anglers as well, in fact Peter and I had a cracking day on the Woods Lake a couple of weeks ago with 80 and 61 Carp being caught respectively (approx 180-200lb+ each)

We have the whole complex at our disposal so the more the merrier > fishing, camping, BBQ, and good company - what more could you ask for :D

CLOTHING & BASEBALL CAPS > If anyone wants to order Maggotdrowning Clothing or Baseball Caps for the weekend, please can you place your order before the end of this month (June)

If you select the delivery option 'Pickup from store' I'll bring your order with me to Alders saving you the £5.00 P&P
;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
There will be a few fishing over the course of the weekend who aren't familiar with Alders Farm and how to approach it, so I've had a chat with Lee Newson (Newson) who has had as consistent results at the fishery over the last couple of seasons as anyone. Lee's probably best known for his canal fishing exploits and currently fishes with Preston Innovations Black Horse, but over the past few seasons has widened his scope to commercials and it's his results at Alders that have brought him to the notice of Garbolino who have taken him under their wing on an Individual basis. ;)

The following is how he tackles Alders in the summer months..........

"This is my approach for a match in the summer, it’s the same for both lakes (Ash & Pines):

During the summer months at Alders I like to keep things nice and simple and for me that means that long poles and rods stay at home. You need a big weight to do well and as a result I like to fish short and edges.
My starting point is always a short pole out in front of me, either top 2 plus one or two sections depending on the depth. Here I fish hard pellets, feeding 4mms and fishing a banded 6mm on the hook. This generally gives you a good first hour or two. Elastic wise I opt for purple hydro or equivalent. All the time I’m fishing here I prime my edge lines.

When it comes to fishing the edges there’s a few different ways to do things depending on what suits you. My preference is to fish paste. I fish a very sloppy paste and it takes a lot of confidence to fish it like that so I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. In my opinion if it works it’s almost unbeatable and also very cheap with just a few micros needed as feed. Paste wise I simply use crushed expander. The other alternatives are to fish maggots, hard pellets or corn. If you are going down the maggot route you will need a gallon of bait because there are a lot of nuisance perch, but maggot can be extremely good once the carp push in. Elastic choice here is always red hydro for me in the height of summer.

Winning weights range from 150-350lb in the summer so you’ll need plenty of nets, there’s a 100lb limit and silver fish must be kept in a separate net. It’s fishery only pellets and
bread, meat and hemp are banned."

Regards

Lee

Hopefully that will be of help to some of you wondering how to tackle the venue.

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
If you need someone to make up the numbers in the pairs match i will be available. Am going to pop over on the sat anyway to say hi but thought i would offerto fish if you have a odd number if that is ok?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It'll be nice to see you again Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.