Maggotdrowning Fur and Feather 2019 invitations - Two Venues, Two dates

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Once again we are going to hold TWO Fur & Feather Matches on two separate venues on two different dates.

I'm pleased to announce that the following venues and dates have been booked for the Maggotdrowning Fur & Feathers 2019 ....

LINDHOLME LAKES, Saturday 23rd November 2019, to be fished on Laurels Lake, 50 pegs max

Lindholme Lakes Country Park - more than just fishing!

ALDERS FARM FISHERY, Saturday 14th December 2019 - to be fished on Ash Lake, 20 pegs max,

Alders Farm Fishery

These matches are open to all Maggotdrowning Members, the only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post. You can fish one or both, the choice is yours.

For BOTH Venues and Dates:

ALARM CLOCK SETTINGS:

Meeting at the onsite cafe around 8:00am, draw at 8:30-9:00am, fish 10:30am while 3:30pm

After the match there will be the Results and Chrimble Pressies

EXPENSE PART:

The cost is £17.50 per person which includes Peg fee, Furs and Feathers (everyone will go home with a pressie), Pie and Pea Supper

POOLS (payable on the day):

£5.00 Pools to pay out 1st and 2nd in each Section
(sections determined by final numbers) to give everyone a chance of winning

£5.00 Optional Super Pool to pay out 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall
(Anglers in the optional pool can still claim 1st or 2nd in section)

RULES:

Fishery Rules for each venue apply plus all fish to be netted

MUST READ BIT:

Please can everyone bring a wrapped present that will go into a 'free' post-match raffle - When you hand in your present you will be given a strip of raffle tickets for the draw
No pressie = No raffle tickets

PLEASE NOTE:

The only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post
The closing dates for putting your name down are the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 16/11/19, Alders 07/12/2019) - Do not leave it to the last minute to put your name down to avoid disapointment!
Peg numbers limited to avoid overcrowding and duff pegs (Lindholme 50, Alders 20)

** IMPORTANT (Everyone to Read): **

To confirm your place a £17.50 non refundable deposit is required by the Saturday before each match
(Lindholme 16/11/19, Alders 07/12/2019). This is to cover the Peg Fees, Fur & Feather gifts and Hot Supper.
Pools money to be paid on the day of the match.

Payment can be made by clicking the following link and selecting which match you wish to fish: Click Here to Purchase

If anyone wants an alternate payment method please PM me

If anyone needs a 'pass out' for their wife/husband, girl/boyfriend, partner, or a sick note for work these are available for a small donation

IN ADDITION:

Everybody will be made welcome, and nobody will go home without a Fur & Feather prize/Christmas Pressie.

Accommodation on site is available at Lindholme Lakes if required but please make arrangements direct with the fishery lodge owners.
If camping or caravanning please make arrangements with the fishery

NAMES:

LINDHOLME LAKES:

Dave (paid)
Peter (paid)
MOGZ (paid)
Dave Spence (paid)
Georgie boy (paid)
Crackatoa plus 1 (paid x 2)
Pauln (paid)
Markywhizz (paid)
Stu (paid)

Fishy Medic (paid)
Nobby_nobbs (paid)
Steak (paid)
Paul Hardcastle (paid)
ukzero1 (paid)
jononcb (paid)
legs230258 (paid)
Warden (paid)

(16)

ALDERS FARM FISHERY:

Dave (paid)
Peter (paid)
MOGZ (paid)
Keith (paid)
RedhillPhil (paid)

Boggis51 (paid)
Nickp69 (pod)
DaiFish
davered5 (paid)
G0zzer2 (paid)
Madd (paid)
Mermaid (paid)
Chris (paid)
Bobby D
Stu (paid)
AndrewS
Chin
Len Wade (paid)
Notneeded (paid)

(18)

Last edited:

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Stick me down for Lindholme please mate.

Wisey shall me and thee pair up and extend a challenge to any other pair?

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Put me down for Alder's Farm please Dave. I'll sort the payment upon my return to Blighty this weekend.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Stick me down for Lindholme please mate.

Wisey shall me and thee pair up and extend a challenge to any other pair?
I'll just be back off Holiday mate so might be a bit Lethargic ;)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter

:eek::eek::eek:

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Dave, I've been and had a look at Alder's Farm, and there's no way I could get my tackle from the car to my swim and back to the car - too many ups and downs - so I will have to reluctantly withdraw. Sorry about that. Mac.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mac, we will get you to your peg come what may.
Usually if a concessionary peg is required peg 1 or 2 is allocated, peg 1 is generally used first and you can with permission drive right up to it.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Dave, that's very kind of you. If I could be sure of getting the car somewhere near my peg, avoiding that walk back up the hill, I could manage. Once on my peg I know I could get help, if needed, getting my trolley back up to my car. I don't have a disability card, but the hormone treatment following the prostate cancer radiation, has considerably weakened me, and if you read my blog you will know that all help is gratefully received! :)

So please re-instate me. I'll deal with the payment in the near future. Regards, Mac.

MOGZ

ill take your tackle / give you a lift
back like an ox

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Mac

There are plenty of willing volunteers, me included. Hopefully the mule will be working by then, if not I am sure Dave or Peter will have a chat with Trevor for permission to park at the bottom of the hill.

Keith

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave from your previous closed post regarding the Southern Match......

Barry (Boggis54)
Nick (Nickp69)
Phil Young (madd)
Dave Pontin (davered5)

All for Alders, Trev (911) will do his best to fish as well and Dai is 99% certain that he can do Alders as well.

BobbyD

Leachy
Once again we are going to hold TWO Fur & Feather Matches on two separate venues on two different dates.

I'm pleased to announce that the following venues and dates have been booked for the Maggotdrowning Fur & Feathers 2019 ....

LINDHOLME LAKES, Saturday 23rd November 2019, to be fished on Laurels Lake, 50 pegs max

Lindholme Lakes Country Park - more than just fishing!

ALDERS FARM FISHERY, Saturday 14th December 2019 - to be fished on Ash Lake, 20 pegs max,

Alders Farm Fishery

These matches are open to all Maggotdrowning Members, the only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post. You can fish one or both, the choice is yours.

For BOTH Venues and Dates:

ALARM CLOCK SETTINGS:

Meeting at the onsite cafe around 8:00am, draw at 8:30-9:00am, fish 10:30am while 3:30pm

After the match there will be the Results and Chrimble Pressies

EXPENSE PART:

The cost is £17.50 per person which includes Peg fee, Furs and Feathers (everyone will go home with a pressie), Pie and Pea Supper

POOLS (payable on the day):

£5.00 Pools to pay out 1st and 2nd in each Section
(sections determined by final numbers) to give everyone a chance of winning

£5.00 Optional Super Pool to pay out 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall
(Anglers in the optional pool can still claim 1st or 2nd in section)

RULES:

Fishery Rules for each venue apply plus all fish to be netted

MUST READ BIT:

Please can everyone bring a wrapped present that will go into a 'free' post-match raffle - When you hand in your present you will be given a strip of raffle tickets for the draw
No pressie = No raffle tickets

PLEASE NOTE:

The only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post
The closing dates for putting your name down are the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 16/11/19, Alders 07/12/2019) - Do not leave it to the last minute to put your name down to avoid disapointment!
Peg numbers limited to avoid overcrowding and duff pegs (Lindholme 50, Alders 20)

** IMPORTANT (Everyone to Read): **

To confirm your place a £17.50 non refundable deposit is required by the Saturday before each match
(Lindholme 16/11/19, Alders 07/12/2019). This is to cover the Peg Fees, Fur & Feather gifts and Hot Supper.
Pools money to be paid on the day of the match.

Payment can be made by clicking the following link and selecting which match you wish to fish: Click Here to Purchase

If anyone needs a 'pass out' for their wife/husband, girl/boyfriend, partner, or a sick note for work these are available for a small donation

IN ADDITION:

Everybody will be made welcome, and nobody will go home without a Fur & Feather prize/Christmas Pressie.

Accommodation on site is available at Lindholme Lakes if required but please make arrangements direct with the fishery lodge owners.
If camping or caravanning please make arrangements with the fishery

NAMES:

LINDHOLME LAKES:

Dave
Peter
MOGZ (paid)
Dave Spence (paid)
Georgie boy (paid)
Crackatoa plus 1 (paid x 2)
Pauln (paid)
Markywhizz (paid)

(5)

ALDERS FARM FISHERY:

Dave
Peter
MOGZ (paid)
Kieth (paid)
RedhillPhil (paid)
G0zzer2

Boggis54
Nickp69
madd
DaiFish
davered5
G0zzer2 (paid)
Madd (paid)

(14)
Could you put me down for Alders please

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've updated the lists, anyone else want to join us?
You can put your name down now and pay nearer the time, don't leave it until the last minute otherwise you might miss out