Maggotdrowning Fur and Feather 2018 invitations - Two Venues, Two dates

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Something a bit different this year, we are going to hold TWO Fur & Feather Matches on two separate venues on two different dates.
Over the years we're always asked if we can have a southerly event as well as the northern one so this year we are going to do just that.

I'm pleased to announce that the following venues and dates have been booked for the Maggotdrowning Fur & Feathers 2018 ....

LINDHOLME LAKES, Saturday 17th November 2018, to be fished on Bennys Lake Lindholme Lakes Country Park - more than just fishing!
ALDERS FARM FISHERY, Saturday 1st December 2018 - lake to be decided nearer the date (we have both at our disposal) Alders Farm Fishery

These matches are open to all Maggotdrowning Members, the only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post. You can fish one or both, the choice is yours.

For BOTH Venues and Dates:

ALARM CLOCK SETTINGS:

Meeting at the onsite cafe around 8:00am, draw at 8:30-9:00am, fish 10:30am while 3:30pm

After the match there will be the Results and Chrimble Pressies

EXPENSE PART:

The cost is £17.50 per person which includes Peg fee, Furs and Feathers (everyone will go home with a pressie), Pie and Pea Supper

POOLS (payable on the day):

£5.00 Pools to pay out 1st and 2nd in each Section
(sections determined by final numbers) to give everyone a chance of winning

£5.00 Optional Super Pool to pay out 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall
(Anglers in the optional pool can still claim 1st or 2nd in section)

RULES:

Fishery Rules for each venue apply plus all fish to be netted

MUST READ BIT:

Please can everyone bring a wrapped present that will go into a 'free' post match raffle - When you hand in your present you will be given a strip of raffle tickets for the draw
No pressie = No raffle tickets

PLEASE NOTE:

The only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post
The closing dates for putting your name down are the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 10/11/18, Alders 24/11/2018) - Do not leave it to the last minute to put your name down to avoid disapointment!
Peg numbers limited to 50/40 to avoid overcrowding and duff pegs (Lindholme 50, Alders 40)

** IMPORTANT (Everyone to Read): **

To confirm your place a £17.50 non refundable deposit is required by the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 10/11/18, Alders 24/11/2018). This is to cover the Peg Fees, Fur & Feather gifts and Hot Supper.
Pools money to be paid on the day of the match.

Payment can be made by clicking the following link and selecting which match you wish to fish: https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades
If anyone wants an alternate payment method please PM me

If anyone needs a 'pass out' for their wife/husband, girl/boyfriend, partner, or a sick note for work these are available for a small donation

IN ADDITION:

Everybody will be made welcome, and nobody will go home without a Fur & Feather prize/Christmas Pressie.

Accommodation on site is available at Lindholme Lakes if required but please make arrangements direct with the fishery lodge owners.
If camping or caravanning please make arrangements with the fishery

NAMES:

LINDHOLME LAKES:

Dave (potd)
Peter (potd)
georgie boy (paid)
Dirk (paid)
bluesteve65 (paid)
Steak (potd)
Whisker (paid)
dumdum (paid)
norm (potd)
Paul22 (paid)

(10)

ALDERS FARM FISHERY:

Dave (paid)
Peter (potd)
Keith (paid)
mickyboy (paid)
nichop00 (paid)
Mermaid (paid)
Chris (paid)
Boggis51 (paid)
Dirk (paid)
911 (potd)
Len Wade (paid)
Dai fish (potd)
Dan Thomas (potd)
Pop up (potd)
Cluelessfishing (paid)

(15)

Last edited:

davered5

Site Supporter
Something a bit different this year, we are going to hold TWO Fur & Feather Matches on two separate venues on two different dates.
Over the years we're always asked if we can have a southerly event as well as the northern one so this year we are going to do just that.

I'm pleased to announce that the following venues and dates have been booked for the Maggotdrowning Fur & Feathers 2018 ....

LINDHOLME LAKES, Saturday 17th November 2018, to be fished on Bennys Lake https://www.lindholmelakes.co.uk
ALDERS FARM FISHERY, Saturday 1st December 2018 - lake to be decided nearer the date (we have both at our disposal) Alders Farm Fishery

These matches are open to all Maggotdrowning Members, the only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post. You can fish one or both, the choice is yours.

For BOTH Venues and Dates:

ALARM CLOCK SETTINGS:

Meeting at the onsite cafe around 8:00am, draw at 8:30-9:00am, fish 10:30am while 3:30pm

After the match there will be the Results and Chrimble Pressies

EXPENSE PART:

The cost is £17.50 per person which includes Peg fee, Furs and Feathers (everyone will go home with a pressie), Pie and Pea Supper

POOLS (payable on the day):

£5.00 Pools to pay out 1st and 2nd in each Section
(sections determined by final numbers) to give everyone a chance of winning

£5.00 Optional Super Pool to pay out 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall
(Anglers in the optional pool can still claim 1st or 2nd in section)

RULES:

Fishery Rules for each venue apply plus all fish to be netted

MUST READ BIT:

Please can everyone bring a wrapped present that will go into a 'free' post match raffle - When you hand in your present you will be given a strip of raffle tickets for the draw
No pressie = No raffle tickets

PLEASE NOTE:

The only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post
The closing dates for putting your name down are the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 10/11/18, Alders 24/11/2018) - Do not leave it to the last minute to put your name down to avoid disapointment!
Peg numbers limited to 50/40 to avoid overcrowding and duff pegs (Lindholme 50, Alders 40)

** IMPORTANT (Everyone to Read): **

To confirm your place a £17.50 non refundable deposit is required by the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 10/11/18, Alders 24/11/2018). This is to cover the Peg Fees, Fur & Feather gifts and Hot Supper.
Pools money to be paid on the day of the match.

Payment can be made by clicking the following link and selecting which match you wish to fish: https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades
If anyone wants an alternate payment method please PM me

If anyone needs a 'pass out' for their wife/husband, girl/boyfriend, partner, or a sick note for work these are available for a small donation

IN ADDITION:

Everybody will be made welcome, and nobody will go home without a Fur & Feather prize/Christmas Pressie.

Accommodation on site is available at Lindholme Lakes if required but please make arrangements direct with the fishery lodge owners.
If camping or caravanning please make arrangements with the fishery

NAMES:

LINDHOLME LAKES:

Dave
Peter

ALDERS FARM FISHERY:

Dave
Peter
I should be ok for both

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lindholme for me Dave, got to think about Alders!!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alders Farm - southerly..... hmm anything the ‘wrong’ side of the M4 is Northern to me 😀😀.

Unfortunately I can’t make either date, work and jetting off to exotic climes conflict with one and the other.

georgie boy

Site Supporter
hope to do better than last year, anything has to be better than the peg i drew last year, in fact Neil said that my peg would be turned into a car-park, looking forward to meeting all the gang.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Sadly I can not make it this year as it falls on a Saturday when I look after my mother who has advanced Parkinson's

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
can't do either. how about a summer or spring meet? I'm busy most weekends during the autumn/winter months until xmas.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Ill have a think on this, if I did it would have to be lindholme still abit far like. Not fished any of these.

Soprano

Account Closed
Would have done the Lindholme one but I have a club match on the same date.

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
I'd be able to do Lindholme next year in the SPRING or SUMMER hint hint.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haha Lol, then it wouldn't be a Fur & Feather :D

As far as Iknow it's already the earliest F&F to be held - last years was on the 18th Nov

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
right, well stop being season-ist and how's about something spring/summer?
we could call it MD's Thong and Flipflop?
@Wise Owl can wear the thong and I'll do the flip flops?
I just can't believe you don't want a masterclass in casting :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: