Maggotdrowning Fur and Feather 2017

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Fished on Bonsai Lake, Lindholme Lakes, Saturday 18th November 2017

It was a cold, hard day for most and the fish just didn't want to show, not even to those who fished it on a regular basis, t'was grim oop Norf [8D]

With what seemed to be a constant cold Northerly wind sweeping across the desolate wastes of north Lincolnshire, 24 hardy Maggotdrowners met at the Lindholme Lakes caf for 8:00am, some daring to tackle the legendary meatless sausage breakfast [:p], where the introductions and draw was done.

Off we all trod across to our designated homes for the day, it did look the part I must say and anticipations were high having heard that lots of F1's had been stocked in Dave Spence's peg a few days beforehand

Alas, in true Maggotdrowning style, the all in was called and the fish retired for the day opting to have a late supper instead of a hearty lunch [:H]

Still despite the cold freezing wind, the early shower, the lack of fish, it appeared that everyone still enjoyed themselves which is what it is all about [:T]

Enough of my waffle, the results...

Click to enlarge

After the match everyone was treat to Burgers and Chips whilst the results were worked out. Prizes and Pools given out, no one went home without anything, and then the 'Secret Santa' raffle was drawn [^]

I hope to see you all again someday and following popular requests I think we'll have next years Fur & Feather in Tenerife, in the middle of August lol - it's bound to be a bit warmer then, isn't it ? [8)][:eek:)]

steak

Left hand drawer
Brilliant day Dave,

Shame the fish didn't want to play out, they must have known it was an MD match [B)]

Thanks for organising it [:T][:T]

Steak.
[:D][:D]

georgie boy

Site Supporter
thanks to dave for a great event, also thanks to steak for showing me the longest way home, looking forward to next years get together.

dirk

Site Supporter
Big Big thank you to Dave for organizing everything [:T]

Thank you to Peter for letting me beat him off the next peg [:p] I'm sure he was asleep at one stage [:D]

See you next time [:W]

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Thanks for hosting a great Match Dave. Great to see everyone again.

Cold day but opted to catch what was in my peg and had a few bites. Nice to see a fishery with a decent head of silvers for when the carp shut up shop! Well done all!

Mike_Globe

Always on a Flier
Thanks for arranging Dave, it was good fun even though the fish werent in obliging mood.

In true maggotdrowners style we did manage a brief rain shower when none was forecast!

shogun969

shogun969
Good day, thanks for running it Dave, well done to all for turning up and well done to the framers.#128521;

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Great to meat ( LOL ) some new faces
Well run Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just a couple of photos from yesterday.....

My peg for the day Peg 29, evidently it's Alex Dockerty's coaching peg....(Note to self, get some lessons off Alex [:D])

The only thing i could get a bite on was single red maggot which got me 10lbs 9ozs of silvers.[:C]

To my left was Nick (shogun969) who had far more success with the silvers weighing 29lbs 3ozs...

While to my right was Dirk fishing a relative mill pond with the wind of his back and who made sure that I ended up like a bit of cod (battered both sides [:C]) by weighing in 17lbs 5ozs.[:T]

It was a tad chilly and looking around it was evident that for most a bagging session wasn't on the cards

Maybe it was down to the new scarecrow that appeared to have been installed on the lake????......

It certainly sent a shiver down the spine.[:D][:D][:D]

Tony (ginger76) was convinced that it was resonsible for the lack of fish in his peg.[:(]

The man to beat on the day however was none other than Steve (bluesteve65) who managed the top weight of 38lbs 8ozs to take the win.[:T]

Thanks to all who attended, despite the relative lack of fish it still proved to be a good day with plenty of laughs and a Big Thank You to Dave for organising the event. Looking forward already to next years Fur and Feather, make a note in your diary... August 2018????[:p][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was showing you the size of the one that got away Peter [:D]

I think that's where I went wrong, I went on a all out Carp or bust approach, and quite appropriately ended up busted [:p]

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I did slightly better today and employed the same tactics from yesterday ! 10x better !

Total

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Dave

....I was showing you the size of the one that got away Peter.... [:D]
^^^Nahhhh![:D].....You was showing Peter how big your wallet is![:p][:D]

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
My first bite of the day resulted in a chunky carp of 5lb-odd and nobody else around me was catching much.....

Have you ever had that sneaky feeling when you make a good start in a match and you think to yourself "Aye-aye, I'm in here.....!" [^]

Well, it was all downhill after that [:C] I sat there like a frozen garden gnome for the next four hours and struggled to find a few more skimmers and bits.

And you know what? I absolutely didn't care! It was the first time I'd wet a line in five months and I was just pleased to be out fishing again.

So a big "Thank you" to Dave for organising and to everyone else I met who made it such an enjoyable day. [:T]

One last thing: you just have to hold a "Fur & Feather" match 'oop North in the winter.....

If you held it down South in the summer you would have to call it "The Candy & Shandy" match! [:D]

dumdum

Was a good fun match, fished hard as Id expected with the frosts the week before, but managed a few, mainly on maggot down the edges and bomb and pellet with the odd fish at 11m on 4mm banded Pellet

Was a good crack and I enjoyed the company, cheers all [:)]