Maggotdrowners Midlands - Christmas Match - 28/12/2019 - Janson Fishery (Aubreys)

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Lovely mild day but unfortunately down to a resilient 9 attendees. Started badly with a flat battery and apologies for that and the far from slick organisation this time. I was a bit rushed and took some feedback at the end on payouts, which was fair enough. Last year we paid 1st and second and two sections either side of the lake where i paid the top three which this year were all on the same side of the lake. To run the matches efectively and spread the monies around with pegging it needs 10/12 anglers and i think we would have had that if i had retained the match on the Sunday. Will bear that in mind for next time.

Fishing wise though everyone caught and had a decent day i think, maybe @MOGZ suffering a little from the night before. Everyone around the lake was soon into fish, long, short and on all baits. It was clear though that the fish were following the wind and @dirk was setting the early pace. Usual framers @notneeded and @gixer 13 were struggling at the opposite end of the lake and nice to see Ian and John as first timers catching regularly.

Personally i had a steady day catching a few dobbing along the far bank without feeding for the first few hours and then catching silvers and the odd carp down the track on maggot later on to end with 40 stockies and 64 silvers and 62.14.

Top weights on the day -

62.14 - Luke (Peg 19)
39.04 - Andrew Fletcher (bragging rights!) (Peg 17)
38.14 - Dirk (Peg 15)
31.01 - Ian (Peg 7)
30.12 - John (Peg 11)
27.09 - Jononcb (Peg 9)
19.09 - Notneeded (Peg 23)
19.00 - Gixer13 (Peg 5)
DNW - Mogz (Peg21

Thanks all for attending, will run it on a Sunday next year and try and get a minimum of 10/12 will probably ask for pegging upfront so we can get people to commit! Happy New Year all!

Attachments

MOGZ

cracking result luke. apologies for not weighing in and leaving once whistle went but i wasnt in a fit state
need to sort my priorities out
well done to all

MOGZ

yep as long as it doesnt clash

sundays are best for me

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Ok dates the fishery has free that I can organise are -

Sunday 19th Jan
Sat 15th Feb
Sat 29th Feb (leap year!)

Ideally need 10 or 12 anyone who has fished before is more than welcome.

State your preference please

Whisker

Site Supporter
Interested, not sure about any of the dates yet. I'll know more next week as I have unconfirmed work in my diary and have been promised an update on Monday.

notneeded

Site Supporter
Ok dates the fishery has free that I can organise are -

Sunday 19th Jan
Sat 15th Feb
Sat 29th Feb (leap year!)

Ideally need 10 or 12 anyone who has fished before is more than welcome.

State your preference please
Watch out boys after blanking 2 days on the trot Cool Hand Luke's after our money again 😂😂😂😂

Whisker

Site Supporter
Me too as I’ve got a very busy January/early Feb.