Macmillan charity match novelty pairs 2019

bricky72

Site Supporter
Again I’m going to run this match at meadowlands fishery where we had great day last year and raised good amount of money

If you didn’t fish last year look or ask any of lads that fished last year and most will say good laugh and well organised (hopefully)
Novelty pairs For Macmillan cancer 5 th may

If you have mates that aren’t members of this site and they want to fish put names down

Please note the date is SATURDAY 4th MAY ( sorry @neillawrence your birthday weekend)

Which is bank holiday weekend so make sure your not away or misses needs taking out for day before you commit to fishing this match

Again same format as last year mystery pairs with one angler fishing float( pole / waggler ) on one lake and other angler fishing feeder/ bomb
After match the pairs will be announced and see who won or lost( lol )

The pairs will be drawn and wrote down by independent people who aren’t fishing this match and sealed in envelope like last year so adds to fun of match

So now to serious part

VENUE

MEADOWLANDS FISHIERY
Ryson on dunsmore
Coventry
Cv8 3eg

Price of match
Will be £20 again as the owners of meadowlands have agreed to give us cut price peg fees again ( which I’m very greatful of )

Break down of the £20

£5 peg fee
£5 charity
£10 pools Again payouts will be sorted nearer time so can see what numbers we got etc

I’ve got 40 pegs again so need 20 pairs
So when you put name down can you put your preferred method of fishing please so that makes life bit easier on run up to putting names in hat for pairs

The float anglers will be on warren lake
Feeder on lambs down

Again a deposit of £10 will be payable by PayPal on putting your names down this will be peg fee and charity donation ( this will be non refundable)

I will sort out a venue for breakfast before match and a pub for after match nearer time

Again I’m sourcing some raffle prizes from tackle companies and hopefully @chappo will do the raffle as he was fantastic at selling tickets and if any of you kind people would like to bring a raffle prize again that would be greatly appreciated

So if anyone still reading this war and peace article still wants to fish this match please put names and method below thanks

1 kirtons Feeder ( gutsy apprentice)
2 Neil nene. Pole
3. Chefster. Pole
4 gutsy. Feeder
5 whisker. Pole
6 13sparky. Feeder
7 rob 6709. Pole
8 Ianc. Feeder
9 90s gear ?????? To suit
10 fishing jazzman. Pole
11. David Kent. Pole
12 Steve Wilcox Feeder

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
May the 4th? I Luke Skycaster will battle the dark side and triumph using my light pole or feeder bomb blaster as Obi Wan Bricky dictates.

chefster

Shedster!!
Hello Dave ,i can fish this match again,i dont mind which method /pool,as long as we have enough notice to organize accordingly..cheers mate,Gazza

Whisker

Site Supporter
I’m in, pole preferred but really not fussed if you want to put me on the tip to balance the sides.

13sparky

Site Supporter
Put us down to fish the feeder thanks . Thanks for all the hard work running the match's dave .

ianc21

Great cause, not sure what I'm letting myself in for but gonna give it a go ( on a feeder ) any tips, help, advice, would be welcomed.
Ian

bricky72

Site Supporter
Great cause, not sure what I'm letting myself in for but gonna give it a go ( on a feeder ) any tips, help, advice, would be welcomed.
Ian
Talk to gutsy ( or maybe not ) or Jake as he shown him how to catch there last year lol

fishing jazzman

Hello Bricky,

Could you add me in too please. Prefer pole, but will go on feeder if needed. Just hope I do better than I did last year.

chefster

Shedster!!
Can I just clarify that it is pole only , or is it float only, allowing pellet wag ???

bricky72

Site Supporter
Just to update everyone the match has now been definitely confirmed by dean at meadowlands we have option of up to 50 pegs (25 on each )

And just to say we getting some good raffle prizes coming in from various companies so @chappo be even busier doing his raffle ticket selling lol

So come on lads get names down for worthy cause and a good laugh starting from breakfast to pint after

Gutsy

This one was a great success last year with a lot of money raised for a worthy cause , Bricky has also managed to blag some great raffle prizes so if you can get behind this one guys and gals , time of year is sock on for this venue with 100lb weights on the cards .