lost passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJROSCOW

Clint
One more look around the house and I may have to accept I will have to apply for a new one. Do any of you have any experience of applying for a lost passport recently? time taken, process etc?

Many Thanks

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Had to do the other halfs last year, on the form we wrote misplaced at home, didn't take any longer than the renewals for the kids, was Feb/March and took about 2 weeks, hardest thing we found was getting others to fill their parts in correctly, stay within the boxes slightest signature that is outside a box it will be rejected.

YB

genesis

Living Leg End
Passport renewals at this time of year are taking 4 - 6 weeks according to the passport office web site. You may find this takes longer to replace a lost one so I wouldn't hang about if you have booked a holiday. Best tip is to fill the form in on line and they will then send it to you so all you have to do is get the pictures and forms signed correctly. Use the post office passport tracking service. It cost more but you know it is tracked and will be prioritised at the other end.

Col7777

Also when you do get the new one you will open a drawer or something and there will be your old one lol.

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
When she was about nine or ten I remember teasing my daughter telling her she was Irish. Born in Cheshire but raised in Yorkshire with a Welsh mother, she used snort and insist she was Yorkshire. In fact she used sing the song: "My girl's a Yorkshire girl, Yorkshire through and through".
She's been teaching abroad for 18 years, and with her family is about to move to Spain.
Guess what? She's just applied now for an Irish passport!
The Brexit effect!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
me and the wife have just renewed ours (beginning of this month), used my digital camera to take the new photos, uploaded them and the system accepted them straight away so the old ones were sent off the following morning, it took less than a week to get the new one and about 10 days to get my old one back.

One thing that did confuse us though... i had to send my old one to Glasgow and D had to send hers to Belfast!

nejohn

If you need your passport urgently you can use the 1 day service, you book an appointment at your local passport office take all of the completed forms and photographs, your new passport will be available for collection at the same office usually within 4 hours, costs a bit more but if the need is there then it is a way of getting it done quickly

davylad

Site Supporter
Originally posted by nejohn

If you need your passport urgently you can use the 1 day service, you book an appointment at your local passport office take all of the completed forms and photographs, your new passport will be available for collection at the same office usually within 4 hours, costs a bit more but if the need is there then it is a way of getting it done quickly
I don't think many towns or cities have a local passport office though. My nearest is on the other side of the country, as far as I know. It might be quicker to go to Durham for me, that's only 130 miles.[:C]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.