Lost: one BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
So there's a bit of a flap in the office this morning. One of our cars in missing.

It's a spare company car (the owner has left and the replacement has not been recruited yet). So it has been parked in the office car park on a nice safe business park. Only, this morning it wasn't there.

I'll let you know what happens next.

So... what the daftest thing you've lost and where did it finally turn up?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Amazing. It's turned up.

It had been parked in an adjacent car park. We suspect it'd been off to be valeted and put back in the wrong place.

The country-wide police lockdown has been cancelled.

shang

Either that or the potential car thief saw the icy roads, realised how rubbish beemers are in those conditions, and dumped it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
More likely couldn't find the indicators to turn left out of the car park so abandoned it [:D]

Yuccaman

Jack of all trades...
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Dave

More likely couldn't find the indicators to turn left out of the car park so abandoned it [:D]
Doesn't seem to stop most of them being on the roads anyway...

kenpix

ken
Going back to the original question - I worked for a well-known motor-bike dealer in London years ago and drove a land-rover and 4-wheel trailer for car/bike recoveries. Soon after commencing work there I parked in their yard right in front of the office windows and left the trailer there. Someone drove into the yard, hooked it up and went off with it in full view of dozens of staff and no-one suspected a thing. Never did recover it and the police thought it was an inside job by me!

JPM

I know of a garden centre that had a 40yd roro skip sitting in their yard fully filled. This is the size of a dust cart.
Lorry drove in, hooked up the skip, dragged it onto the bed and drove off unnoticed, never to be seen again. After the 3rd occurrence in 2 years the skip company refused to supply any more.

Theres an Aston Martin dealers a couple of miles from where I work down a country lane. A day doesnt go by when you where one pull into the gravelled delivery gate, hear the sound of wheels spinning gravel against the bottom of a car and it bouncing off the rev limiter as its ragged back down the road. Id be using the while u wait option.

Status
Not open for further replies.