Looking for a Commercial Fishery with decent Carp near Carnforth

David King

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times (I have just joined today). I have a few days holiday booked at accommodation near to Junction 35 on the M6 later in the Summer, and was hoping to fit in a couple of days fishing.

Hoping to find a Commercial Fishery with Carp which could hopefully exceed my current personal best of just over 7lbs. I am more of a pleasure pole or method feeder angler rather than a specimen hunter.

Any suggestions greatly received would prefer somewhere that a 16m pole (preferably at nearer 13m) would be suitable rather than some 20 acre monster of a lake.

Cheers David King

Lcn

Clearwater might be worth a look , it’s off the same junction on the right hand side if you’re heading north

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Wyreside, near Junction 33.

Or as recommended above, Clearwater (Used to be called Borwick Waters).

Or if you are that way inclined, there are some huge grassies in the Lanky up towards Burton. But they take some finding, and spook very easily. Chuck in some pieces of bread, watch and wait.
Though as they go to well over 20lb and are VERY fit, I wouldn't fancy being attached to one using a 16m pole!

If you do go to Clearwater, pop into the Longlands Inn and Hotel just down the road. I stayed there four nights a week for 25 years,
smashing pub.

clearwater is an out and out carp water wouldnt bother with that. foxhouses is your best bet, in scorton just outside of lancaster. the lake furthest away from where you drive on is the better of the 3. full of big skimmers and carp, fish down the margins and your almost guaranteed a double.

Lcn

clearwater is an out and out carp water wouldnt bother with that. foxhouses is your best bet, in scorton just outside of lancaster. the lake furthest away from where you drive on is the better of the 3. full of big skimmers and carp, fish down the margins and your almost guaranteed a double.
They have a small match pond and a 3 acre general coarse lake aswell as the syndicate and day ticket big carp waters according to their website

David King

T

rodring

Site Supporter
Second Foxhouse you won't need 16 metres when the carp move into the margins they really get their heads down. They'll test your tackle though they fight like demons, some decent bream in there as well.

mytopkitisbroken

I only live in Garstang (though I've only been in Lancashire 18 months)

I've not yet fished nor heard of Foxhouses so thanks for the heads up fellas

@rodring and @nathan stretch1 are you both local?

Do you ever fish Manor House by any chance?

Yes mate im from lancaster, used to fish manor farm alot. Not so much now they dont do opens. The fishery is shut down for the time being though.

David King

Thanks Nathan just the sort
Thanks Nathan, did a little bit of Googling and think I've found the right place do you approach it from Long Lane then drive through the caravan/lodges part to turn off and travel best part of a circle anti clockwise to arrive at the lakes next to the River Wyre?
Is the lake you suggest the one at the opposite end of the three to the one with a big finger like bank through the middle? Is the one I want called Quarry Lake?
Which one is called the match lake as the website suggests this is not available for day ticket anglers like me.
Sorry for so many questions I live about a two hour drive away from the area and want to waste as little time as possible trying to locate the lakes, and I deffo want to fish the one you suggested, love a bit of Margin Carp action. What bait is best, sweetcorn, pellets, maggots or something different to these.

Cheers and thanks for any help you can offer. Dave King

There is a turning into the caravan site on long lane with big signs you cant miss it. Then down the entrance you will see a couple of lodges. The one on the left has an honesty box next to the door, its only 7 quid or somthing. Then you want to follow the track on the right hand side over the bridge ect and youll see the 3 lakes. They have messed about with the stocking latley so they are all match type lakes now. But head for the furthest one. Its got its own car park round the back of it. Doesnt really matter about the peg you choose but try and get one which you can fish tight against then bank, and find a depth of around 18"-2ft. Can either fish paste or grountbait and dead maggots.