London Bridge Attack

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Phil, have a look at my post #82. It seems the parole board didn't have any involvement. He was released because he had served half his sentence.
Apologies, I missed it. I will now re-phrase. I hope Lord Levensen sleeps well in his bed for it was he who was/is responsible for shortened sentences.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Apologies, I missed it. I will now re-phrase. I hope Lord Levensen sleeps well in his bed for it was he who was/is responsible for shortened sentences.
And it suits the cost cutting austerity measures implemented be the last 3 Tory governments

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Plenty of people sadly died as a result of loyalist and republican terrorism over the years ... still happening as well.

in this case the police took the right action imo.
Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Somone who realises that "we" the Brits in NI also killed innocents!

wouldn't waste your time mate, hes a proper do-gooder
He actually has a point, the guys name was right, he chose to use other names, i use my mothers maiden name and my grandmothers maiden name sometimes, does that make me any different to that terrorist using a different name, what about Cassius Clay or Cat Stevens.

Supporters of supporters of terrorism ☹
Totally agree mate, even worse when they are in government after being bought by the Tories!

Thats because there are no british people in london Crack. Enoch was right there is a race war brewing.
I bet my mates will be over the moon to hear they aren't British... then again three of them were born within the sound of Bow Bells so they can't even be classed as human ;)

Great, breaking news for Jeremy.
The terrorist posted his 6 postal votes yesterday morning.
Not even dignifying it.

Found out today in a text from a friend... the scumbag who was killed, was living in a block of bedsits in Stafford that are used for people who have just been released from Prison, the flats are owned by the church next door and what's really really pisstaking about it, there is a school just down the road and my friend and her disabled son (you may remember i've mentioned her before on here) live just around the corner, you can actually see the place from her kitchen window....when they revealed these flats/bedsits would be used it was agreed they would only be used for "minor" criminals, no nonces, no violence related, no drugs related...and sure as s**t no copulating terrorists!

Chervil

Site Supporter
And it suits the cost cutting austerity measures implemented be the last 3 Tory governments
Nothing to do with austerity. The legislation, which meant that prisoners were released after only serving half of their sentence forms, part of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008.

"Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 (c. 4) Part 2 — Sentencing 18 (2) In section 33 (duty to release short-term and long-term prisoners), after subsection (1) insert— “(1A) As soon as a long-term prisoner has served one-half of his sentence, it shall be the duty of the Secretary of State to release him on licence."

Now, which party was in power in 2008? :unsure:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Nothing to do with austerity. The legislation, which meant that prisoners were released after only serving half of their sentence forms, part of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008.

"Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 (c. 4) Part 2 — Sentencing 18 (2) In section 33 (duty to release short-term and long-term prisoners), after subsection (1) insert— “(1A) As soon as a long-term prisoner has served one-half of his sentence, it shall be the duty of the Secretary of State to release him on licence."

Now, which party was in power in 2008? :unsure:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
They've had 10 years to change it.

Chervil

Site Supporter
They've had 10 years to change it.
They did in 2012, I think. However, Khan's conviction was earlier in the year and the changes couldn't apply as they can't be used retrospectively.
So are you saying that Labour got it wrong and the Conservatives had to correct their mistakes?

crackatoa

Site Supporter
These attacks validate Corbyn's previous foreign policy stances too whilst making a mockery of those like Johnson who voted for the wars that gave the formative oxygen to groups like ISIS. Everything he predicted in 2003 has come true.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
They did in 2012, I think. However, Khan's conviction was earlier in the year and the changes couldn't apply as they can't be used retrospectively.
So are you saying that Labour got it wrong and the Conservatives had to correct their mistakes?
The previous New Labour government got a lot wrong

See my post above

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
And everything Enoch Powell predicted 50 years ago has come truer but that to you Crack would be Racist.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have just deleted three posts. If the two posters have an issue with each other keep it off the forums, there is enough petty antics in the Politics section without child like tantrums on this thread.

Blunkett (when he was Home Secretary) brought in IPP sentences in 2003. This was where a judge could pass a prison sentence of say 2 years but if the parole board thought the person would still be a danger to the public they could be held in prison indefinitely. IPP was abolished in 2012 after a ruling in European Court saying the sentences violated Human Rights. In 2010 there were approximately 10,000 people in prison under IPP, that number is now down to under 4,000.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
These attacks validate Corbyn's previous foreign policy stances too whilst making a mockery of those like Johnson who voted for the wars that gave the formative oxygen to groups like ISIS. Everything he predicted in 2003 has come true.

You want to blame the British Government for the crisis with ISIS and Global Terrorism. While you are at it blame the Americans, French, Canadians, Australians and several other countries who supplied troops and weapons in the fight against terrorism.

Total

Site Supporter
I have just deleted three posts. If the two posters have an issue with each other keep it off the forums, there is enough petty antics in the Politics section without child like tantrums on this thread.

Blunkett (when he was Home Secretary) brought in IPP sentences in 2003. This was where a judge could pass a prison sentence of say 2 years but if the parole board thought the person would still be a danger to the public they could be held in prison indefinitely. IPP was abolished in 2012 after a ruling in European Court saying the sentences violated Human Rights. In 2010 there were approximately 10,000 people in prison under IPP, that number is now down to under 4,000.
Seems like its just been one of those days eh Geoff? ;):giggle:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Seems like its just been one of those days eh Geoff? ;):giggle:
You have no idea Mark, sometimes I think they should raise the age for using the internet because some users are more childish at 30 - 50 than they were at 13 - 16

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Here Geoff mate i have no problem with Authority setting the Rules and blloking me when im wrong but when a member with a serious chip on his shoulder with me tries it surely i can Retaliate ?

Total

Site Supporter
Here Geoff mate i have no problem with Authority setting the Rules and blloking me when im wrong but when a member with a serious chip on his shoulder with me tries it surely i can Retaliate ?
Best keep schtum mate, it confuses the hell out of 'em;)