Liverpool Champions In December

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Site Supporter
STILL TOP with a two game cushion over city :cool:

and what a game that was awsome by both sides

shang

Thing is, have any of this Liverpool squad including Klopp had any experience of actually winning things or are they a squad of Stevie Gees ?
obviously James Milner won stuff at City

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Thing is, have any of this Liverpool squad including Klopp had any experience of actually winning things or are they a squad of Stevie Gees ?
obviously James Milner won stuff at City
Are you an Arsenal supporter?

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
I haven’t commented on this thread until tonight.
As a lifelong Liverpool supporter I’m not that comfortable in crowing about winning the league when the season is halfway through.
Despite the defeat, tonight’s match was pleasing in many aspects. We’ve gone to our hardest game and come away with our heads held high. City are a fantastic team and we won’t face a more difficult match again in the league.
Being able to lose and still be four points clear is a fine position to be in and what’s more we are playing outstanding football and still improving.
Those two teams are head and shoulders above the rest of the league and I’m delighted we’ve progressed to a level where Vincent Kompany said ‘I’m very pleased with the performance, we matched them’ in his post match interview.
I think you’ve seen this season’s champions in those two wonderful teams there tonight. So much so that if neither of them win the league I’ll drink a pint of water straight from any commercial fishery you care to mention!
A wonderful game of football, edged by City but a joy to be a supporter of one of those teams playing exciting attacking football.

Total

Site Supporter
I concur. (y)......A fantastic game of football to watch with city just edging it.(y)

62tucker

Site Supporter
2 proper teams running their hearts out. Nobody pulling out of tackles.everyone had great control. Passing was class.. Especially after watching my team Newcastle the night before. The passing in their own box by both teams was a joy to watch. If a Newcastle player get ball in his own box it’s soon in row z

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
There must be a pattern of fate running then -Leicester and maybe now Liverpool

Quiz question will be - Teams beginning with L that were "one season wonders" winners of the English Premier League

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
You didn't answer my question as who from the current squad has won anything. If we're talking winning the top league then even my team Leeds have won it more recently than Liverpool
You mentioned a ‘squad of Stevie Gees’ implying he wasn’t a winner.
The photo above shows Stevie Gee winning one more European Cup than your entire club has won in its existence. EVER!
Off the top of my head Klopp has won 3 German titles and one double.
In the last 50 years Liverpool’s lowest league finishing position is 8th.
Yes Leeds have won the league a year after our most recent victory but there are very few comparisons that your team comes out favourably in.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
There must be a pattern of fate running then - Leeds, Leicester and maybe now Liverpool

Quiz question will be - Teams beginning with L that were "one season wonders" winners of the English Premier League

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bit silly that, given we’ve already won 18?

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
@Wise Owl

Owly we have finally found our PP substitute
Quiet on the forum when they win nothing and now noisy when they are in with a squeak

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I actually Like Liverpool and really do hope they do well, but what i like more is when People Get bitten in the Arse for Assuming its all over when it aint :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
TBF for the all of money they have spent and quality players that have bought over the past twenty plus years it surely must be their time this year.