Leeds United

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Need to make sure that you hang on to Bielsa now. ;)

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I couldn't believe it when Bielsa was shown and a caption underneath said he had guided them to their best Championship finish for 15 years,as I have said earlier I don't believe in the play offs,a team that finished at least seven points behind Leeds will get promoted to the Premiership,and it could be a team nine points behind.in the years before the play offs it gave teams who were in no danger of going up or down the opportunity to use the last few matches to blood young players

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Would be a good move @Peter mate, we need a few older hands to bring the Young ones on, im happy how we done, not surprised by the outcome and thinking it could be worse, we could be billions in Debt and still not won owt.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cracking game, no affinity for any of the play-off teams, but I now hope FLDC beat Villa, cheating & diving team that they are.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
Without the play offs you wouldn't have games like this and they keep a lot of teams with something to play for all season.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Couldn't help laughing at the Derby fans singing at the end, Great retort to the Leeds fans, top banter. :upthumb:

Because the league title
Has faded away
Just try not to worry
You’ll go up one day
Top in December

You threw it away
Stop Spying Bielsa

wardwa

All teams cheat and dive - that's modern day football - if you want to go back to the good old days and watch genuine players , go and watch the ladies teams before they become 'more professional' and too much money gets involved.

Dusty Rhodes

All teams cheat and dive - that's modern day football - if you want to go back to the good old days and watch genuine players , go and watch the ladies teams before they become 'more professional' and too much money gets involved.
Women’s football is the most awful standard imaginable. The top level women’s players would be lucky to play at conference level in the men’s game and that’s being generous.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Season over, Wow what a relief, i feel like a weight of expectation has been lifted (y) Cheers to all the Posters in Footy Corner its been Fun.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Your lot did better than mine Wisey. Relegated to the bottom tier.
We build again. Just keep German chairmen / wanna be managers away from the club and we will be fine

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Your lot did better than mine Wisey. Relegated to the bottom tier.
We build again. Just keep German chairmen / wanna be managers away from the club and we will be fine
Good Luck mate as ive said to a few today it would be boring if we were Good all the time :rolleyes: :unsure:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Looking at some posts on media etc i cant see us getting that close again for a while.

davylad

Site Supporter
That's the Championship, and why I much prefer it to the Prem. It's nice to see your side win and get to the Prem, and I'm sure Leeds could have spent a few quid and done ok, but most teams really struggle when they get promoted. It then becomes a constant fight to stay up, more so for the massive amount of cash the clubs get, only to go on the ridiculous wages the clubs have to pay, etc etc. In my dreams I would wish the top six in the Prem, to go play among themselves, and leave the rest and the Championship, to have a league of their own.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Wise Owl , no need to dish up humble pie to you Wisey as you didn't give it the Big One at any stage, just hope that you feel a tad better when your Gert dishes up your pudding tonight.......................

;) 15365

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: @Peter an old mate Man U Mick rang me today to laugh but admitted they aint done owt worth shouting about, we had a good chat and laugh, he's retired down to Skegness now and invited us down, gonna go see him in the Knowledge that it will be different to the last time 8 or 9 year ago when Man U were dominant.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Wise Owl , Dave I truely feel for you fella. it's hard to believe that Leeds have been away from the Prem for so long, but just goes to show just how hard it is to get out of the Championship, the hardest division to get out off, especially with the money from parachute payments that clubs relegated from the Prem bring with them. There seems to be a window of 2 maybe 3 seasons to get out and back up before it becomes almost a Catch 22 situation.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I heard a story that the money Sky Make outta Leeds they dont want us promoted, the amount of money our Fans Generate to away games the FL dont want us up. i dont believe it but.... the way the FL went about Spygate keeping us on tenter hooks, the way we get Punished where other teams for the same crime get away with it, the way we played second games to sheff United knowing we had to get a result, ok they could have lost but hey im not making excuses but sometimes we are used as an example. Well done the teams that go up i hope ya can do the Bizzo (y)(y)

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh well, at least we get to play each other again next year, as we crumbled away (like usual) and just missed the PO’s