Leeds and Liverpool canal

Jodele

Hi all,
I will be relocating to Burnley from Salford and wondered if anyone has any info on Leeds and Liverpool canal ‘straight mile’ stretch?
Looking to do some pike and perch lure fishing, pictures look good on google images and interesting canal facts on the construction too.

Dobby1995

Hi all,
I will be relocating to Burnley from Salford and wondered if anyone has any info on Leeds and Liverpool canal ‘straight mile’ stretch?
Looking to do some pike and perch lure fishing, pictures look good on google images and interesting canal facts on the construction too.
I have just registered to reply to this comment lol. The straight mile used to be good fishing but is full of trolleys bikes and other large items. Just up from the straight mile under the bridge there is a good stretch that you see alot of people lure fishing and catching pike. ( Thompson park on one side and queen Victoria pub on the other side) another good stretch that people like is barden lane marina. Also these is a lake call rowley lake that have pike up to 20lb. Burnley canal is free to fish only need your gov licence. If you need any Google map images let me know.

Jodele

Thank you Dobby for that info, much appreciated and google map images will be useful too 👍