Leeda match carp 6m pole or middy white knuckle

Fisherman93

Looking to get a fairly budget margin pole no less than six metres long, I've seen lots of reviews about the middy white knuckle but some say that it sags alot. Haven't seen as many for the leeda match 6m slim pole but they are all positive. Being a similar price I'm struggling to pick between them. Anyone any experience with them or ones similar? Thanks!

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The Middy does sag a bit, it is of fibreglass consruction, I got one for the grandson, then ended up buying a 2nd hand Daiwa yank n bank for him,
I don't know anything about the leeda , But for an extra few quid if you want Middy, have a look at the 8 metre white knuckle thriller, far better pole than the 6 metre and as far as I am aware is carbon,

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
fisherman93; Got a Middy XRS 5 8m for sale, fitted for carp kit and silverfish . Se classifieds. cheers

MrBhough

If its any help Ive got the 8m middy pole and it's great. Didn't like using my tournament pro in the margins and near lilly pads . I did re elasticate it though cos the elastic was twacky. But it is carbon and it's really strong and for 85 quid a real bargain

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
If the Maver Reality is as good as the Abyss X then you won't go wrong for around £70.

vfr400

Site Supporter
Another vote for the Middy White Knuckle Thriller, comparatively light, reasonably stiff and handles big carp with ease, comes with 2 top 2's I would replace the elastic through.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Got two white knuckles for sale for a bargain in classifieds 👍🏻

richc

Another vote for the 8m White Knuckle, so cheap you can afford to get in really close to those snags. Two pre elasticated topkits, re-elasticate with puller bungs and you can go hunting those monsters close in. The only problem I encountered was finding pole pots to mount, ended up using Preston Unicad pots which attach securely with a band - I've been thinking of getting a cheap universal top kit and mounting a proper pot.

tedstriker

used electrical tape on my old middy to make the pots fit in the right place

ArnieJ

Agree with all re: the white knuckle 8m. I got a universal topkit and the middy snap-pots to make a cupping kit and works really well. I also re-elasticated with pula bungs and have no qualms about fishing near snags, lilies etc. Had numerous lumps out with it.