Last chance Jose

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
If any other manager had pulled that win off against Juve , they would of been applauded even the grinning machine Klopp

Phoenixicus

The educator
Where's the diatribe? - I am just expressing my opinion the same as you are.
The problem is though you don't like the fact that I have and have also had the temerity to not agree with you.
It's plain to see that you are a prime example of someone who likes to have their say and hates being challenged with the truth.
Well I have challenged your posts about Scholes,posted links proving what a hypocrite he is and have not said anything that is not obvious or in the public domain.

You have come onto this thread for no other reason that you have a hatred for Jose Mourinho and United and your previous posts all prove that.

1541689199312.png

Last edited:

Phoenixicus

The educator
And yes you are right @mickthestick if it had been any other team or manager the recognition would be there as being a great result.
As it was JM and United though the anti & bitter fans don't want to accept that, which I find a bit strange really as the media and online are all over it today saying how good it was.
FTR I am not a United fan but I recognise a footballing achievement when I see it - shame the bitter and blinkered can't

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
And yes you are right @mickthestick if it had been any other team or manager the recognition would be there as being a great result.
As it was JM and United though the anti & bitter fans don't want to accept that, which I find a bit strange really as the media and online are all over it today saying how good it was.
FTR I am not a United fan but I recognise a footballing achievement when I see it - shame the bitter and blinkered can't
A performance so great you gave up on them after 83 minutes!!!!!
As you have quoted me, the football is dreadful whether they are winning or losing.

Phoenixicus

The educator
Please don't be childish it demeans you - I stopped watching it as I had others things to do.
Like I said,I am not a United fan but watched it as I still want all the English clubs to do well.

Fortunately I am not blighted by the bitterness some football fans show towards other clubs which I find for adults as being quite sad really.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Please don't be childish it demeans you - I stopped watching it as I had others things to do.
Like I said,I am not a United fan but watched it as I still want all the English clubs to do well.

Fortunately I am not blighted by the bitterness some football fans show towards other clubs which I find for adults as being quite sad really.
Probably just as well really?

Phoenixicus

The educator
Well obviously a yes as I can see what it has done to you.
Hang in there Pokerstar our love will pull you through (y)

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
If you want to start a debate about Liverpool do so.
Perhaps in that you could explain how you work out ‘3 decades of being also rans’ when unless I’m mistaken Liverpool we’re CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE during those three decades.
However this is a debate about José Mourinho.
No one could deny he got a result.
Stalwarts of the club, like Scholes, are uncomfortable with his approach. Personally I think Scholes is right. The bloke is obnoxious.
There is no reason that club cannot aspire to compete by being the best. Sadly they are competing by trying to stifle the best.
Victories like that, where you are clearly outplayed by a better team, are ultimately hollow.
I tried to start one the other day (2 losses..) and there have been no takers yet.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Incredible press conference by Mourinho.
Described it as a ‘good performance’ by his team??????
(Today against City)

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He has a dressing room to try and motivate and win round, so putting a spin on it is better than criticising them sometimes and 100% better than criticising individuals.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He has a dressing room to try and motivate and win round, so putting a spin on it is better than criticising them sometimes and 100% better than criticising individuals.
One shot on goal, the penalty.
Seems happy to only be beaten three-one?
He’s managing Manchester United not Rochdale!

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Different mindset tonight ,still only a draw but has the penny finally dropped that you have to put a shift in to get a result ,more dynamic without Pogba starting , Jose may still go but who do you get that's better

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Different mindset tonight ,still only a draw but has the penny finally dropped that you have to put a shift in to get a result ,more dynamic without Pogba starting , Jose may still go but who do you get that's better
Eddie Howe?
Sets his team up to play good football.
Less likely to be constantly be bringing your club into disrepute.
May have less petty squabbles with players.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Yep, better to a degree. May be the way you worded it @mickthestick , but do you feel that the intensity is down to the players? Personally I reckon aspects of it is, but the set up and the implementation of the tactics is the manager, also by inspiring the players to play with intensity by putting them in their happiest and most effective positions. Its bugging me a little that even some pundits are coming down on the side of Jose lately and saying the players need to put a shift in, as with any man management, inspire them (and stop criticising them) and they might work for you.

Spot on re Pogba and also Lukaku on the bench for me. Would have played Martial left mid and Sanchez up top with Rashford though. Wonder how we would have got on by not playing 5 at the back or picking two defensively minded sitting midfielders in front of them? Matic or Herrera yes, both handy at breaking up play, but I do like Mata for his creativity and as a balance for playing defensive midfielder.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Yep and no start for Martial yesterday, pick him and he scores its fairly simple. Minutes/appearances to goal ratio, he must be the highest in the team.
Interesting that we have played with more fizz and incision in the last two games without Pogba? Got a theory on this, that the two better performances in the last two games haven't been perhaps been the players doing for it for Jose, its a vote of support by them for not starting Pogba. I still lay 90% of the way we are playing at Jose's door, but don't underestimate the effect on players feeling that when a player isn't putting a shift in, but still raking the bucks in and getting picked, I see a team playing better and for each other without him.
I have wanted to see him given a chance, I believe he has had that now and may better suited in a team of big names and not a team that needs to pull together to get results.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you simplify this, lets suppose you are a chippy working on a building site and getting £500 a week. After two or three years of faithful service the boss brings in a new chippy and is paying him £1500 a week cos he thinks he is such a good chippy. Are you going to keep putting the same effort into your work ? Professional pride will keep you up to a certain level but when the pressure comes on, would you not be tempted to let the £1500 a week man do it ?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Exactly, the number of examples where a team dynamic applies are endless. Thinking of things I have seen where even no money is involved like the teams my lad plays for. This year one of the 'superstars' moved, they have been a much better side without him.