Lakeland lodges Carnforth

My partner booked a lodge here for early April and I’ve never heard of the place or know anything about the fishing at it , the website says there a stock bream and carp but can anyone give me a heads up on how the fishing is please. Or is it best just going to Clearwater which is pretty close?

A.K.

I fished it for two weeks straight, a few years back. Mainly blanked, apart from small eels and one day where I had a run of 8oz bream.
I've been told tales of people blanking whole seasons, going after the carp.
Might be worth a try for pike (not my scene), but I'd guess that once you've seen the size of the place (not to mention the depth)
and realised that most of the lake is off limits to fishing due to 'water sports'..
Clearwater will seem a wise choice.

pikey123

I fished it for two weeks straight, a few years back. Mainly blanked, apart from small eels and one day where I had a run of 8oz bream.
I've been told tales of people blanking whole seasons, going after the carp.
Might be worth a try for pike (not my scene), but I'd guess that once you've seen the size of the place (not to mention the depth)
and realised that most of the lake is off limits to fishing due to 'water sports'..
Clearwater will seem a wise choice.

pikey123

It was open to the public a few years ago and was good fishing for the pike, there are some large ones, you might want to try where the boat house is for the water skiers as this was known for being a hot spot for the pike.
Years ago Angling Times did a feature on the matches fished there and how 2lb roach were often caught in these matches.