Lady of the stream

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
Met up with Yuccaman this morning for a long awaited session on the river Derwent in Borrowash.
We both planned to fish the stick float and had a cracking day.
Yucca got into a nice grayling on his first cast but things were slower for me, I had to wait around an hour for my first fish and my first ever grayling!

Unfortunately it decided to take a leap out my hands and into my bait tray but managed to keep it still for a photo.
I had another of similar size shortly after then later on had the miniature version.

Me and yucca both managed 3 grayling but the highlight of the day was without doubt Yuccas fine bag of minnows. He was delighted.

Yuccaman

Jack of all trades...
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't believe you actually put that that photo on here. That big red button must be somewhere...

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
I can't believe you actually put that that photo on here. That big red button must be somewhere...
Would have been a shame not to show off your finest fishing accomplishment, I think it’s the first time I’ve seen you catch anything

Simon R

Site Supporter
I had to wait around an hour for my first fish and my first ever grayling!

View attachment 11483
Unfortunately it decided to take a leap out my hands and into my bait tray but managed to keep it still for a photo.
I had another of similar size shortly after then later on had the miniature version.
As soon as I saw the photo and then the fact that it was your first grayling I just knew it had been involved in a spot of acrobatics:p
Squirmy little bleeders ain't they? :D

When I drop them I give 'em a quick wash in the landing net before the obligatory photo(y)

Hopefully I'll be getting a couple myself this weekend

Simon

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
As soon as I saw the photo and then the fact that it was your first grayling I just knew it had been involved in a spot of acrobatics:p
Squirmy little bleeders ain't they? :D

When I drop them I give 'em a quick wash in the landing net before the obligatory photo(y)

Hopefully I'll be getting a couple myself this weekend

Simon
Best of luck mate, hope they are biting 👍.

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Is Borrowash still fishable on a day ticket mate?