Korum quick change beads.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi All,

Weve all had it. You decide to change your method feeder hook length and need to prise the bead apart with wet / damp hands. A minute later and youve now got half the bead in your teeth. My question is ....... Is there anything on the market better than the Korum quick change beads nowadays ? Thanks.

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
You could try the Guru speed beads. They require less effort to take off your hooklength.
Having said that I have had issues with the hooklength coming off, not sure if this is just me though.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You could try the Guru speed beads. They require less effort to take off your hooklength.
Having said that I have had issues with the hooklength coming off, not sure if this is just me though.
Thanks Dusty 👍.

Its got to the point where Im thinking of sawing tiny grooves into the beads to try and gain purchase. Theyre bad enough when dry but, near on impossible when wet to get apart. Thanks for your recommendation Dusty. Ill try some of those Guru ones. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick ...Wotcha Mick, (y)....Have tried all the connectors of this ilk and found the best of the bunch for me was the' Drennan Quick change beads' in the 'Small' size.

The Korum ones your using (although Drennan based/design) seem to me to be made of a harder plastic and have a slippery feel and thus a sod to open especially when wet.

A well placed thumb nail seems to help when separating the Drennan beads and if necessary drying the bead and immediate line to help further when necessary....A faff I know, but needs must etc

Might be worth asking what our Nicky uses which may shed further light to help solve the problem. (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick ...Wotcha Mick, (y)....Have tried all the connectors of this ilk and found the best of the bunch for me was the' Drennan Quick change beads' in the 'Small' size.

The Korum ones your using (although Drennan based/design) seem to me to be made of a harder plastic and have a slippery feel and thus a sod to open especially when wet.

A well placed thumb nail seems to help when separating the Drennan beads and if necessary drying the bead and immediate line to help further when necessary....A faff I know, but needs must etc

Might be worth asking what our Nicky uses which may shed further light to help solve the problem. (y)
Hi Mark,

A sod to open is an understatement isnt it ? Ive been using ... Sorry ... Struggling with the Korum quick change beads for some years and last week thought to myself .... Surely someone has come up with an easier way than this by now. I got to thinking that if they had some grooves or a cross hatch type pattern in them then they'd be easier to open. Ill get some of those Drennan as well and see how I get on. Thank you Mark. 👍

Our Nicky is a ' natural ' angler Mark. If I asked him he'd knock 10 pints of casters out of me with his Matrix feeder arm. 😆😆😆

Total

Site Supporter
^^ :giggle: @tipitinmick ......The Drennan beads also seem to have a rougher feel to them (externally) possibly due to the camouflage effect on them...

.....I'm sure a bar of chocolate bribe would soften the damage! :D:ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I have tried the vast majority Mick and found the best to be the guru ones mate.
Ive just been on thiefbay and ordered some Guru and some Drennan. Ill have a play and see which sorts me best. Theres got to be something better than the ones Im using out there. Getting one apart the other day was near on impossible. Fingers, thumbs, teeth and then my scissors. What a struggle. Cheers fishcatcher. 👍

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
Quick change beads is not the right name for em Mick. :LOL:

If i am feeder fishing i like to use the cralusso quick change swivels but i think drennan are making them as well now.

rufcuk

With exception of method feeder - I use the frenzee ones they are much smaller and slimmer than most

Nicky Dodds

I just use whatever comes with the Preston pellet or method feeders. I sometimes use the guru speed beads and have no trouble with them apart from one thing...I widen out the hole in the shroud so the knot can just peek through. So far I've not had a knot undo or abrade.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I use the quickstep needle to undo them. Push into part where hooklength is , and hold Bush and pull down with needle,

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just to let you all know .... I’ve bought some Guru and some Drennan. Both look and feel better than the Korum quick changes beads I’ve been using. The Drennan feel softer and grippier than the Korum ones. Thank you all that replied. 👍

carphauler

Just to let you all know .... I’ve bought some Guru and some Drennan. Both look and feel better than the Korum quick changes beads I’ve been using. The Drennan feel softer and grippier than the Korum ones. Thank you all that replied. 👍
I started using the green drennan ones as I couldn't undo the black plastic korda ones.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I started using the green drennan ones as I couldn't undo the black plastic korda ones.
Exactly carphauler. Once they click shut thats it I couldnt get them open again. It doesnt help that they are made from hard shiny plastic. Not tried the Drennan ones on the bank yet but, they feel a lot better. Cheers fella. 👍