Koala Products Never again !!!!!

haltham

Purchased a Koala Modbox extending keepnet arm.
Broke on second time of use and returned it to Koala who would only refund the cost of the item not their delivery cost of £5.25.
I had to involve Amazon UK who instructed Koala to refund all shipping costs.
Should have read their reviews on numerous sites including Trustpilot.
Quality of product and customer service was very poor to say the least.
Beware !!!

Phoenixicus

Nemesis tua si forte quid
You say that Marcus but sometimes the cheaper brands do come up with some gems.

I have some rigs pouches and a bait bucket by a "cheap" company called Badger (remember them?) that have outlasted far more expensive known brands and 12 years on they are still going strong with good zips and stitching.
Same goes with some rig cases made by Kogha I bought from Askari - brand was cheap and relatively small 8 years ago and they are still going.

ukzero1

Gorrenny spare tackle for mi maggits Mister?
Site Supporter
I've not used any of it, and by the comments made, I don't think I want to. What is it?...re-branded Dragon Carp?

You say that Marcus but sometimes the cheaper brands do come up with some gems.

I have some rigs pouches and a bait bucket by a "cheap" company called Badger (remember them?) that have outlasted far more expensive known brands and 12 years on they are still going strong with good zips and stitching.
Same goes with some rig cases made by Kogha I bought from Askari - brand was cheap and relatively small 8 years ago and they are still going.
Yes...I do agree to some extent....
However..how much shite does one need to purchase to come across an item that is of better quality ?
I often purchase cheap tackle realising full well that if it fails to impress that is the reason it was cheap.
If it is better than expected then all well and good.
I believe the term is "TOFTL"

Phoenixicus

Nemesis tua si forte quid
Same goes with everything in life really
I have bought some expensive shite in the past that has failed to impress.

Personally I am a great believer in looking at what I am buying and what my expectations are from it.
e.g a really cheap plastic thing that has hinges and might be opened and closed a lot
My thoughts are how are the hinges fixed,what's the catch like and how thick is the plastic?

If something I might use once/twice I will possibly take a punt,if used every week then probably swerve.

Warden

Site Supporter
Not all cheap stuff is rubbish I bought an 2 piece Margin pole think it is Avanti superb for fishing really close in,but its always a case of buyer beware,

AndyL

I have Thesus keepnets I bought from fishing republic never had a problem with them do what there meant to do also they were also reasonably priced. like people say sometimes you can find a gem in a mountain of rocks I mean look at the stuff that comes out of aldi/lidl etc that little hard bottomed tackle bag that everyone went crazy for springs to mind. mine is still going strong.

artist

wightangler
Site Supporter
my second box with legs from about 15 yrs ago was was a koala - it did the basic job for about 15 months to be fair and think its still in the old shed somewhere. The worst thing about it was no kind of stopper on the rudimentary footplate which did work loose in practice. At the time preferred it to the previous octoplus legged box with awful warp prone wooden drawers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Fishing Talk 5
timber Tackle Talk 1
feldri Tackle Talk 9
T Fishing Talk 13
D Fishing Talk 4