Knife makers art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportsman

I was browsing around youtube looking at the area around my daughter's proposed new house. Nearby is the town of Nontron which is known for its hand made pocket knives. This is a video of the annual knife maker's fair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XINnBPI1EEk
You may or may not like knives but you can't doubt the craftsmanship.
In France it is normal for a man to carry a pocket knife. How else can you cut your bread and sausage at lunchtime?

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
Jeez,there is some evil looking one's in there,but stunning quality

banksitter

Stewpot.
Site Supporter
Having carried a pocket knife since a small boy,the latest in a long line is a Sicillian shepherds Knife. The whole purpose of this knife is to cut Bread, Cheese, and sausage, and it does it beautifully. The added bonus a thousand and one different uses, non of which is to harm any other. Though it has become routine to check that it is not in my pocket in public places.

vassago

I always carry a pocket knife, a cheap plastic handled thing for work and a whitby and co lambfoot for cutting apples and cheese. I have had to justify carrying the lambfoot to a security guard at crown court when I pulled jury duty and a copper who stop an searched me but neither time was it a problem, although the security guard did suggest I didn't bring it the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.