Knife crime denial

Andy the grandad

Stress is caused by not fishing enough.
Site Supporter
I am a quiet unassuming member of the general public. but today I am at a loss the prime minister claims that there is no connection between a reduction in police officers and the amount of stabbings that are happening!!!

I see crime being committed every day whilst driving to work: speeding, using mobile phones while driving, dangerous driving, breaking yellow box rules, anti social behaviour etc etc. what I don't see is a police officer out catching these people let alone bloody knife crime. the police are reacting to crime not preventing it, because there isn't enough of them.
We need thousands more police on the street.
Stop and search reinstated.
parents taking responsibility for their children.
jail sentences not fines and community service.

Are the politicians (of all sides) that STUPID!!!!!
couple this with the disaster that is brexit and I fear for my country.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
I am a quiet unassuming member of the general public. but today I am at a loss the prime minister claims that there is no connection between a reduction in police officers and the amount of stabbings that are happening!!!

I see crime being committed every day whilst driving to work: speeding, using mobile phones while driving, dangerous driving, breaking yellow box rules, anti social behaviour etc etc. what I don't see is a police officer out catching these people let alone bloody knife crime. the police are reacting to crime not preventing it, because there isn't enough of them.

Bang on pal.
We are twenty thousand police less than when the government took power but don't worry it's not the reason for all the crimes you have stated.:mad:
The PM cannot look any more stupid if she tried.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
You would think with all the cameras doing the work for the cops, there would be more time for em to catch real criminals, but no they still sit in cars with speed cameras, easy targets.

Chervil

Site Supporter

Cressida Dick on LBC this morning. From about 4 minutes in she disagrees with PM.

Unfortunately, IMHO, it isn't just about police numbers, there needs to be some new legislation brought in, the standard of police training needs to be looked at, the number of officers who cannot go out on the streets needs to be looked at and the amount who are doing, what in the past would have been police staff jobs, due to the massive cuts in their numbers.

It also isn't only about policing. When was the last time someone was stabbed and you saw the father make the appeal? One of the major problems is the breakdown of the family and the blame culture, where it's everyone's fault, except the parents. A lot of these kids are completely feral.

I thought I would put this up as well.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I though Cressida Dick was something you went to the doctors with?

rudd

Carrying knives is nothing new in this country or any other EU country.
The difference in UK is that the new generation dont know how to use them and keep stabbing people and killing them as they dont know where to aim.
The ferrals in other EU countries use knives to wound - take Italian football holligans, they stab each other in the arse!!!
You can blame the lack of police for rise in crime, I would be more inclined to blame organised Eastern European / Russian crime gangs, inner city drug gangs and the products they sell, austerity, brexit, the pace of modern life and the general lack of unrest not just in Europe but across the globe.
History repeats itself and earth is overpopulated, resources are taking a beating, mankind is killing earth faster ghan we thought with most of the population in denial and only concered about themselves.
Subconsciously we all know something major is going to break or happen on our planet in the very near future and humans are starting to care less and less as society breaks down.
Just think how many ancient civilisations crumbled or disappeared off plant earth.
History is the key to our future, and it looks bleak.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now I'm not one for casting dispersions, or for falsely pointing the finger, but would Theresa May really accept that the cuts in the police force had anything to do with it when the cuts were bought about whilst she was Home Secretary..?

The Right Honourable Theresa May MP
Home Secretary
In office 12 May 2010 – 13 July 2016

c oo ki e

o_O
with a grateful nod to america :rolleyes: gangs and knife crime are here to stay.
accept it and , er.. get yersen a stab vest.
:(

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My missus said they'd need a sword to get to my vital organs :eek:

I don't know what she was implying :)

c oo ki e

o_O
My missus said they'd need a sword to get to my vital organs :eek:
i could be wrong but, it seems she wants you out the way and is informing any would be hitman to use the most effective weapon to penetrate your bloated belly and do the job?
hmmm.
kind regards ;)

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
In my younger days it was a cut throat across the butt cheeks , can't get done for attempted murder. 😉

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I can’t imagine any politician admitting to getting things wrong, it’s just not in their DNA. The public would have so much more respect for them if they just held their hands up & admitted they got it wrong but it won’t happen.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I think the recent rise in knife crime probably needs wider media coverage but the type of coverage that actually asks why this is on the rise and not the usual tabloid trouser wetting that tries to paint working class people as animals. I think it's no coincidence that violent crime seems to be exponentially increasing under another Tory government that has enforced damaging cuts to public services, once again decimated working class communities and living standards. Ordinary working people are pissed off and when that's the case, things inevitably turn violent. Whether it's because of Brexit, or not, I expect there could be a possibility of riots in the cities again this summer.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Ordinary working people may be pissed off yet the majority (and that includes from poor areas) do not feel the need to go out and stab people to death.
The carrying of a blade is now not restricted to poor areas either as some of the crimes committed have been in wealthier areas and children deemed as being from "comfy" and wealthier families are also carrying weapons.
I am sorry if this offends some but the majority of these attacks are "black on black" and it is ingrained in their culture and "gangsta"way of life.

You have used your post to beat the Tories with Crackatoa but can I ask you if the situation will change if Labour have a sustained run in government?
To be honest I don't think it matters one jot what the state of the country is in and who is in power as the ones who are committing the murders/attacks are doing so because it's the way they want to live their lives. Lack of parental control and social upbringing being the common denominator
It is very difficult to not make topics such as this political and I am sorry if I offend anyone again but is it not a coincidence that a significant number of those involved in these crimes could possibly be traced back to an influx of immigrants over the past twenty years and we all know what political government opened the door for that to happen.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
You would think with all the cameras doing the work for the cops, there would be more time for em to catch real criminals, but no they still sit in cars with speed cameras, easy targets.
You know that's not really correct.