Is this for real?.....a woman James Bond, you've got to be kidding!!!

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Yes and no apparently.

She's not replacing the main protagonist, it's something like Bond gives up/loses his 'number' and she takes it instead, but she doesn't replace the Bond character, she's a side character.

That's my understanding anyway.

Blanks

Site Supporter
There is only one james Bond in my opinion and thats Sean Connery. All the rest are imposters.
Oh, and well done for getting in the fisho final, you gotta be in it to win it.

nejohn

For me some characters have got to be a certain gender/race/colour to remain true to the concept/story and James Bond according to Ian fleming his creator was a middle class white male educated at a minor public school which was a character based upon himself so really it has to be this body type actor that takes the role of bond, if they want to give a non white or non male the role of 007 then that is fine but please don't call them James/Jane Bond. It would be like making a film about Mohamad Ali and giving the lead role to Tamzin Outhwaite....just sometimes common sense has to take precidence over political correctness

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I'm reading conflicting reports, some are saying she is the new 007, but not a direct replacement, i.e. she's not 'Bond' per se, but it seems she might be the new 007 and main protagonist in whatever films follow. Not sure how that will pan out.

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
There is only one james Bond in my opinion and thats Sean Connery. All the rest are imposters.
Oh, and well done for getting in the fisho final, you gotta be in it to win it.
Ah bless you.....

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Its fiction, there are no rules.

We have had a female Hamlet and an all male Swan Lake cast so why not a female 007?

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
Yes indeed our Linda, well angled. ;) ......Shame you're not attending the next Alders bash to hand out another 'lesson' ;):giggle:
Ah bless you, I had a great day at Hayfield but shame the carp only approach didn't work as it did in practice sessions. We would loved to have fished at Alders but taking part in the Ladies National at Heronbrook on the Saturday as part of a team.

Total

Site Supporter
Ah bless you, I had a great day at Hayfield but shame the carp only approach didn't work as it did in practice sessions. We would loved to have fished at Alders but taking part in the Ladies National at Heronbrook on the Saturday as part of a team.
.......And of course, we all wish you all the very best at Heronbrook. :);)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I reckon Frank Bruno would be as well, Know what i mean Moneypenny Hahahahaha

Andy14

Films coming soon , Alex in Wonderland , David Queens of Scotts and Kevin Poppins........................ well they started it lol
On a serious note maybe , if using a totally different actor ( Gender,binary wise ect ect ect ect ect) they should assign a totally different agent number.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I always thought that David Niven was an excellent James Bond, but my favourite to be quite honest is the current one Daniel Craig, he has taken Bond back to the serious but occasionally wise cracking agent.