Is it time to change the fishomania venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

parks85

I found this year really boring I was going to go down glad i never can anyone think of ways to spice it up?

fishdogmick

catch alot
if you read lindholme owner on face book he will tell you why he wont have it at his place.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why's that Mick, I don't do F'book

Aquaman2000uk

It was boring , usually the team event is better . Big fish are needed for the finish and a better format

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Originally posted by parks85

The final doesnt have to be on a commercial venue tho
As all the qualifiers are fished on commercials I think it does

Aquaman2000uk

Didnt Keith A once say , match lakes should only have fish to 4 pounds . He must love it now

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter

The qualifiers could be on natural venues commercials cannals ect
They've done that before, the problem was there were too many anglers qualifying who just sat it out for one or two big fish, and then when they reached the final they were greatly outclassed. At least by fishing on commies you cant fluke a win with a fish or two - you need a good bag of fish and so generally you get a better overall standard of qualifiers.

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
I don't think it's the venue that needs changing, just the coverage. This years coverage was awful! They need more "experts" on bankside explaining why the anglers have changed this and that, what they are planning, what rig set up they have, getting explanations from the bank runners etc. More info to us mortals required!

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
Originally posted by andy clark

with tight lines being pulled i can see only one way for fisho going eventually
Unfortunately I'm afraid you may be right[:(!]

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Originally posted by fishdogmick

if you read lindholme owner on face book he will tell you why he wont have it at his place.
I don't do F book either, is it because of the tradition of the winner jumping in at the end, thus contravening the no wading rule?

Seriously though, I am also interested why not fishdog, do tell please...

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Basically Neilg said that none of his lakes are viewer friendly at lindholme. He would have to build and stock a new lake which would take a couple of years or so.

hoghunter

I would have 2 matches at each of the 16 qualifying venues...

Anglers would be allowed to apply for both matches but if they got a ticket for the 1st match then they'd be removed from the draw for the 2nd match...

I'd also remove that 5,000 for 2nd place as well..
Conner Barlow seemed to settle for 2nd instead of being forced to change tactics and fight for 1st...

With 4900 tickets I might finally get one for my favourite venue...

jdigger

Originally posted by Harry_Monk

I think the competition is done, needs refreshing.
"The competition is done"? 6000+ applications for the 2000+ tickets. I'm afraid your view is not very credible...

Gutsy

Originally posted by spanky

The qualifiers could be on natural venues commercials cannals ect
They've done that before, the problem was there were too many anglers qualifying who just sat it out for one or two big fish, and then when they reached the final they were greatly outclassed. At least by fishing on commies you cant fluke a win with a fish or two - you need a good bag of fish and so generally you get a better overall standard of qualifiers.
To me that would be a plus point ! And a real David vs Goliath battle

daniel121

Account Closed
I rest my case, I said that the owners of Cudmore wouldn't change the stocking of their lakes for smaller sliverfish/barbel - I was wrong they did however it's been pointed out that mainly small pasties whent back in?

Matchmen like big carp now, I never understood why they wanted to change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.