Is everywhere fishing rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2b

I mainly fish natural venues only, but it seems everywhere this year has been terrible, rivers, lakes - the lot.
Both here in England and in Ireland too.
What is going on?

shang

Our local lake has been hit and miss all summer. Mainly carp and small tench, this past week has been rubbish with many blanks but yesterday came good and I caught 4 between 7 and 10lbs in 6 hours.

I'm hoping the fish get their heads down and we have a good couple of months.

bryan white

Site Supporter
My club lake has seen low catches so far, 20's and occasional 30's winning matches.
In summer normally you would need 50lb+ to get in the top 3.
We were catching better weights throughout the winter months...it's so far been a difficult season.

mansfield lad

I've had 2 decent days at my local (15lb+ of roach) which is very unusual as normally in summer you can get at least 15lb. I've had catches ranging from 4lb to 9lb so definitely not been a decent catch success this year, although having said that we've not had a great summer weather wise anyway

bluemack

Site Supporter
I,ve also noticed how poor the fishing has been and i only fish the midland rivers,on saying that there does seem to be plenty of small fish about,but no chub or barbel showing,i fished a match on saturday and my peg was known for it,s chub yet i did,nt have a sniff of one in 5 hours all i could catch were small stuff,nothing over 3oz,something certainly is,nt right.I,m hoping it,s just the lack of rain,but i,m feeling there,s more to it. [V]

banksitter

Stewpot.
Site Supporter
The weather must take some of the blame for this years fishing. My barometer has been all over the place this year. From my experience fish prefer settled weather to get into a regular feeding routine.

floatfisher44

Another vote to blame the poor summer we have had, and are still suffering.
Fishing has been very up and down,as said. People who normally catch well are
reporting poor day after poor day.Good days in the minority.

daniel121

Account Closed
I've done quite well this year!

Although the had a few days at Burton Joyce on the Trent, did not do great there. But not moaning can't win them all

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
I honestly think carp just wise up on when and when not to feed. I think this is even more apparent when there isn't regular re stocking.

sporty

Site Supporter
the lousy spring /summer effects waters everywhere to some extent but more noticeable at natural waters

davylad

Site Supporter
A couple of venues where I fish have been below average, that is until around 3 o'clock when they have fed like mad. The trouble is I pack up about 2:30 ish.[:(]

Last edited:

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
We fool the carp by pretending to have a five hour match.

Whistle goes at 3 o' clock, we stamp around a bit, chuck a lot of bait away in the margins, then start bagging up at 10 past 3.

The look on their little fishy faces when they realise they've been had!
[:p]

pat 1948

I went to a newish venue yesterday afternoon,(been there once before for a couple of hours), only took 3 slices of bread and a small bag of liquidised bread, I fished pinched flake over the l/bread in the margins and had 10 carp and 1 tench, lost 1 carp and 1 tench, majority of the carp were commons between 7.5 and 9.5lbs, a couple of mirrors around the 3lb mark and the tench around the 3 pound mark, all in three and a half hours, so not too bad an afternoon, going to try the 'silvers' lake next time, and perhaps wet a keepnet!

Fish-lips

Account Closed
Originally posted by banksy

We fool the carp by pretending to have a five hour match.

Whistle goes at 3 o' clock, we stamp around a bit, chuck a lot of bait away in the margins, then start bagging up at 10 past 3.

The look on their little fishy faces when they realise they've been had!
[:p]
Lol i like that ... Sorry but i disagree with the weather comments weve had a good summer... Ive had some great days fishing, and some not so great, think like some comments fish get wise to us fishymen/women i reckon

JLK

Don't take this the wrong way but seriously?

Our local lake has been hit and miss all summer. Mainly carp and small tench, this past week has been rubbish with many blanks but yesterday came good and I caught 4 between 7 and 10lbs in 6 hours.
Four fish in six hours is good?

[:0]

ravey

The Trent has been poor. I and others thought it was a late spawning, or typical early season inconsistency, but it's been well below par for much of the season so far. I do find it interestng that other rivers seem to follow the same pattern. Not the first season that I've noticed it.

Phil Owen

I like the comment about the match 10am until 3pm. I went on my local Commercial yesterday and they could hardly buy a bite. I went on the pegs after the match and things had quietened down. I had 6 carp up to 10lb after 6pm until 7.15pm.

Depends what time you go to a certain extent!

Status
Not open for further replies.