Is anyone fishing this weekend?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
With strong winds and rain forecast across the bulk of the country, is anyone going fishing this weekend?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I never fish at weekends because I have the luxury of being able to go in the week.

tunna

i am on a club match Sunday at Haye Farm in Bewdley Worcestershire. All being well. weather here today drizzle and a little wind, not as bad as forecast yet !!!

Zerkalo

Looking at the weather it's meant to be dry from 3 oclock. Was planning to fish Patsull Park for Bream but not 100%. Apparently it fishes better with a breeze and cloud anyway so still might.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
At the moment its a no go unless the river drops to a sensible level and maybe the barble rods will get a dusting down, too much wind forcast for our area so boat fishing out at sea is out of the picture too

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Got a match tomorrow here in Cornwall. Winds supposed to be easing later today. Unfortunately the weather meant we had to miss yesterdays on Bolingey, I couldn't leave the Mrs on her own with the awning and over 50mph winds. A real sickener as Bolingey is usually out of bounds unless you're on Whiteacres, and we're not.

Poacher Pat Felstead

I'm out on Sunday morning attempting to catch my first ever Zander. I'm not bothered what the weather chucks at me I can't wait.
I've never caught a Zander, barbel or grayling and I intend to catch at least 2 of the 3 this season.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Busy prepping for tomorrow, Messingham North Lake. This time it's a carping session so nothing left to chance. Boilies made and flavoured, all gear sorted and just drilling a few pop-ups for the hair rig. Later tonight I'll be chopping some luncheon meat, packing some sarnies, and gathering my gear downstairs so as not to disturb wifey in the early hours. Can't wait...bring it on.

nejohn

Still drying out.....had a few hours on a local stillwater this morning, bottled it and chose a sheltered peg out of the wind, managed a couple of small tench and about 4lb of roach. When the rain started coming down like stair rods I gave up and retreated home

IanG1

Site Supporter
Week off from work so hope to be out Monday. Want to fish the Trent but need to keep a close eye on the levels??? Plan to join the old boys for a club knock up on Wednesday on the local ponds I've been fishing. Hopefully an evening session somewhere then off to the IOM for the classic TT next Saturday for practice week. Happy days and sod work for a fortnight.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Brafferton bright and early tomorrow :D

Looks like we've missed most of the fun stuff up here in the north-east (again)
Couple of sharp showers last night with some distant lightning and that's been about it
Currently a bit breezy with blue sky and sunshine

Simon

rudd

May have an evening session later, winds easing here around 6pm.
Tomorrow looks fine somay also do an early morning session.

Sam Vimes

No, I've been out four times this week already, there's no need to risk the lightning and wind/rain. It's time for a couple of (even more) lazy days ODing on football.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm planning on going out to play tomorrow morning - IF the wind has dropped.

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
I’m looking forward to a few hours tip fishing 👍

Somersetlad

I've been, only a couple of showers, but there was what the forecast called a fresh breeze - most people would say "blowing a hooley", ended up with 11lb of dace and half a dozen trout.