Icons gone off computer

stikflote

Site Supporter
Had a lot of problems with Virgin media first they said I can no longer use my Emails in mail,
so I now get them in virgin media,.
I opened a E Mail to find it was just a lot of script number letters impossible to read.
So my Daughter Sue, phoned them ,when she got through to them she explained problem,
so virgin assistant told Sue to clear all history so she did this, at the time I saw my icons fade out then come back again

Sue told them I have done that virgin ,then told her to do it again looking over her shoulder ,I saw the icons fade and disappear
now I can't get them back and E mails still playing up
IM on a I Mac onOS Mojave
can any one help,
PS reason Daughter phoned up Is because my hearing is not great,
Keith

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Perhaps, like Windows, there is a 'system restore function' on the mac to roll ur system back before it started playing up???

Personally, I wouldn't have an Apple product thrown at me - even if it were for free!!!...

stikflote

Site Supporter
May be not but I dont have to take to shop every other month ,that I did with a pc ,
I like the Mac, but did not get on with a Phone,
as far s im aware there is no restore date on a Mac,if there is, I dont know how to find it

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Sorry, I can't find a solution for your ill's and Apple are the only ones who can help you with your issues; but mostly they don't care much unless your upgrading at a cost!!!

A windows device may require visits to a technician due to operator error but there are many techs who can fix its woes easily and parts are cheap!....

jods

Site Supporter
I also don't pay Apple prices.

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Best way to fix an Apple is to bin it and buy a proper computer!!!

IMHO!!!...

Most computer woes are down to operator error and not softy or hardware issues...

Last edited:

stikflote

Site Supporter
@ukzero1
Thanks for reply have tried those you suggest ,but unfortunately its not resolved problem,

@Scalper yes I I agree with the operator. error
,but I do think the virgin assistant told his wrong, be cause Emails are still coming in in unreadable script

davylad

Site Supporter
Best thing I ever did was to get a Macbook Pro, brilliant.(y)

davylad

Site Supporter
You could try reinstalling the OS if you say you have already tried right clicking on the desktop.

T.I

Site Supporter
Horses for courses what computer/OS most people use.

What program/application are you using to read emails?

Which icons are missing? Where were they? What did they look like? What did they do?

As a total guess you're talking about icons on the start page of the web browser that navigated you to your email? These would've probably cleared when you reset the browser history and reappear when you next navigate to virgin email via the adress bar or web search.

stikflote

Site Supporter
@TI
I'm on a iMac 27inch on Mojave im using virgin e mail
I had a start page which had a Icon for MD two motorcycle forum EBay, icons virgin media BBC News,and around four others
it also. wiped my passwords out, with I cons I only had to click them to go on that page

davylad

Site Supporter
Best way to fix an Apple is to bin it and buy a proper computer!!!

IMHO!!!...

Most computer woes are down to operator error and not softy or hardware issues...
Scalper, my granddaughter has a windows laptop, and the other week she had no end of problems with it. She's not bad on computers without being an expert, what caused her problems was a windows update, so would that be classed as user error? I suppose it would as it's her computer, but.

I've edited my post just to ask you why you think an Apple Mac is poo, as I've had mine for getting on for three years and it's been marvellous. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
May be not but I dont have to take to shop every other month ,that I did with a pc ,
I like the Mac, but did not get on with a Phone,
as far s im aware there is no restore date on a Mac,if there is, I dont know how to find it

Yet i've always used Windows (although i did have a Mac for a few weeks) and never had to visit the repair shop for anything, never had any problems but then again i use antivirus and scan every week, anti-malware and scan every week, use crapcleaner once a month, i don't click on any links without knowing where they lead, never open anything in an email without double scanning it first and don't visit any websites unless i can check them on google.

Mac, had one once for a few weeks and gave it away, far to much hassles, the scary thing is people still believe nobody is trying to hack/attack Macs, there are groups on the web dedicated to attacking Apple products and some of them are pretty damned good at what they do.

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Yeah, what Trogg said!!!

Apples products were groundbreaking for years but now all the other PC (proper computer) manufacturers have passed their tech so Apples bubble is soon to burst!!!

They slow down their iPhones come new release time and that is a despicable practice and the world has finally caught on!!! :mad:

I reckon they will be doing the same thing with their pc's!!! :mad:

Wan*ers!!! :poop:

Troggo- CCLEANER - You and I are of the era when it was known as 'CrapCleaner' - before it got famous and the thought police gotta hold of it!!!!!!

Last edited: