I bet their mother is so proud

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
:mad:

Two brothers have been charged after a car crash which killed four people, including a one-year-old boy and his father.

1542092475423.png

Elliot Bower, 18, and his brother Declan, 23, were remanded in custody after appearing at Sheffield Magistrates' Court.
Adnan Ashraf Jarral, 35, and his son Usman, one, were killed when Mr Jarral's Volkswagen Touran people carrier was hit by a Volkwagen Golf which was being pursued by police in Sheffield on Friday evening.

Image: Usman Jarral in a photo handed out by his family

Husband and wife Miroslav Duna, 50, and Vlasta Dunova, 41, who were in the Touran, also died.

Elliott Bower who was driving the Golf, has been charged with four counts of causing death by dangerous driving and three counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Image: Adnan Jarral in a photo handed out by his family

He is also charged with handling stolen goods and possession of cannabis.

He waved to friends and family in the public gallery and said "love you" as he was led away.

Declan Bower, of the same address, has been charged with aggravated vehicle-taking and death caused by an accident with aggravated factors.

Image: Vlasta Dunova and her husband Miroslav Duna

He is also charged with handling stolen goods, two counts of driving while disqualified, two counts of driving without insurance, possession of a bladed article and possession of cannabis.

The 23-year-old appeared in court with a heavily bandaged left wrist and hand.

A 17-year-old boy arrested at the scene in connection to the crash remains in custody.

South Yorkshire Police referred themselves to the Independent Office for Police Conduct after the crash, as one of the vehicles involved was being pursued by officers.

Officers from South Yorkshire Police are helping the office with their investigation.

Full story: Two brothers charged after four killed in Sheffield crash

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
I am surprised none of the golf's occupants family have come out with " if the police hadn't have been chasing them it wouldn't have happened", yet,but there is still time for it

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sadly, I'm sure it will happen, same as the "they are good boys really" comments

jay67

Site Supporter
along with ADHD or whatever its called these days , and the "tough childhood" sob story

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I’m glad I was a good parent and interacted with my kids took interest in what they needed and led them away from a life of crime. Now. Can sit back and be proud. If everyone did the same these poor people would still be here, RIP

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Seems to me the police are damned if they do damned if they dont. Youve to ask yourself ...... What do we expect of our police force now ? If these two low lives hadnt been behind the wheel of the VW golf in the first place then this accident would not have happened. Simple. Straight away the do - gooders were asking that the police look at their actions that day and determine whether they could have done anything different. I wonder if these do - gooders would take the same stance if the ones who had lost their lives had included their one year old child ? Another innocent family left to suffer because society has simply got too soft.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
From what I can make out the Golf was stolen in an aggravated robbery, in other words stolen under the threat of violence.
The occupants then chose to try to evade the police despite being ordered to stop.
Those in the Golf are the only ones responsible, they chose to steal, break the law, drive recklessly and unlawfully.

The police were only doing what the majority in this country want of them, upholding the law and taking the scum off our streets.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
It’s always the innocents that get killed though ☹These 2 will get out even have a solicitor saying if the police ain’t give chase THEIR human rights wouldn’t have been breached so to not get a sentence in nick they deserve .

NoCarpPlease

I
Seems to me the police are damned if they do damned if they dont. Youve to ask yourself ...... What do we expect of our police force now ? If these two low lives hadnt been behind the wheel of the VW golf in the first place then this accident would not have happened. Simple. Straight away the do - gooders were asking that the police look at their actions that day and determine whether they could have done anything different. I wonder if these do - gooders would take the same stance if the ones who had lost their lives had included their one year old child ? Another innocent family left to suffer because society has simply got too soft.
really doubt it's do-gooders ... the police have referred themselves in order to avoid a lawyer exploiting this in any trial.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
with any incident involving a police chase, the Police are investigated by an enquiry board... the annoying thing is, the police forces of this country are being run like a business with targets and cost cutting.... as with any public service that's just not possible... too many chiefs and not enough Indians, same with Fire, & Ambulance services

sagalout

Site Supporter
I think causing a death whilst trying to escape from the police should carry a charge of murder.

I think causing a death whilst driving without a licence should carry a charge of murder.

I think causing a death whilst driving a stolen vehicle should carry a charge of murder.

I think causing a death whilst driving over the alcohol limit should carry a charge of murder.

I think I can probably think of some more, a car is a lethal weapon the law should treat it as such.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I

really doubt it's do-gooders ... the police have referred themselves in order to avoid a lawyer exploiting this in any trial.
Like I say NoCarpPlease ..... What do we expect of our police ? To chase or not to chase ? Watching the programmes like police interceptors I would have thought the police officers would have asked control for permission to chase first ? I feel for the police at times. Their hands seem tied at times.

SeanB

Watched a documentary years ago after a well publisised incident in the North East when some joyriders died in a crash whilst being chased by police. When some other joyriders from the same estate were asked why they stole and trashed cars one asked why shouldn't they because it wasn't fair that some people had cars when he didn't.
I think the police got slated for the incident.

crowder

With
Like I say NoCarpPlease ..... What do we expect of our police ? To chase or not to chase ? Watching the programmes like police interceptors I would have thought the police officers would have asked control for permission to chase first ? I feel for the police at times. Their hands seem tied at times.
Pursuit will need authorising by an inspector, only pursuit trained drivers can usually pursue a vehicle. They assess the risk throughout the pursuit, speed, traffic, weather and road conditions etc.

I would imagine with this being early on the morning with no traffic the risk would have been deemed low enough for the pursuit to continue.

Mitchfisher

A terrible tragedy, totally senseless, but that's the world we live in these days. Another no win situation for the Police. If they let them get away with it, people moan, and if the Police try to catch the villains, people moan. Who would want to be a Policeman in this day and age.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was a chase through Stafford a few years ago, 2 brothers, very well known for their "antics" the cops tried to pull them over, they ran, had a crash and were arrested, luckily there were no deaths and the old couple they hit were just shaken up, when it went to court they used the excuse that they didn't want to get caught with the 12 oz of cannabis they were being "forced" to transport for a dealer.

They refused to name the "dealer" or explain how they were being forced to carry the cannabis,,, the magistrates decided they couldn't deal with it and sent it to crown, the whole thing was played out again and the judge decided he could see the "fear" in their eyes when they talked about being forced to transport the stuff and they ended up being fined for dangerous driving, banned for 12 months and given suspended sentences for 12 months.

Sure enough that weekend they were out selling their weed and laughing about the judge and ripping the pish out of the coppers who had done their job only to be let down by a judge who should have known better.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
"Sure enough that weekend they were out selling their weed and laughing about the judge and ripping the pish out of the coppers who had done their job only to be let down by a judge who should have known better. "

This is the problem though and one we have talked about countless times,the complete lack of respect for authority,justice system and anyone outside of their inner circle.
Until this changes then some elements of society will continue on the downward spiral and take everyone else with them.
Pussyfooting around and treating the little lambs with kid gloves and teaching them self-worth is not going to achieve anything, as being soft with them has perpetuated the s**t we are now in.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
In October 2005 there was a very bad accident in St Leonards. 5 young teenagers (3 boys and 2 girls) had been to a friends funeral and later on that evening got into a stolen car, driven by a 15 year old repeat offender, all had been drinking and had cannabis in their systems. A police car tried to pull them over but the stolen car sped off and crashed in Battle Road, St Leonards. All 5 teenagers were killed. The police sergeant who had tried to stop the car was in a state of shock. all of the families blamed him for the crash and wanted him charged for causing the deaths, the CPS declined to prosecute but the IPC investigated the incident. The three young lads were local scrotes, always in trouble but according to the families were "little angels".

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Ive said it before, get em trained up in some sort of Modern Bad lads Army, National service type thing, show em how to fix, build, or save stuff instead of vandalise and steal stuff. The money saved against the money they will amass in crime and Misery must be worth a go.