Hydro/Dual Core/Map Power Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

tench tastic

Hello all
Has anyone used the map power tube, if so what is it like compared to hydro and dual core.
I was thinking of getting the 14-16 Map power tube
i have the 12-20 red dual core, but am thinking of changing to the power tube as my pole, power kits are only rated to 16, and when playing fish with the 12-20 it is in the back of my mind, will the top 2 break if I give it some hammer.
also was thinking of black hydro as this is a 12-16.
any ideas [:)]

Tenchy

john83

Account Locked
the white powertube is brilliant, very much like white hydro, only one i have tried and wont be going back to white hydro.

tench tastic

what is it like when playing big fish, does it take a while, like latex
or are you in control.

Tenchy

Lordy

white power tube (10-12) is great, u have a reasonal ammount of control over average match carp,

the 14-16 (yellow powertube) is cr*p, its stretches way to much, u cant apply pressure to fish no matter how tight u set it in the pole, the more u pull the more it stretches and still doesnt do a thing

i would go with black hydro, great laccy for nearly all uses

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
don't need to care about the 12-20 rating mate, it's a 12+ elastic so your top kit can handle it. The map 14-16 is slightly stronger than the maver.

tench tastic

You say slightly stronger, what do you mean, by the stretch of the laccy, cos i would have thought the maver would have been stonger being a 12-20, than the power tube.
Have you used the map power tube kev?

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
Does anyone know how does the white power tube compare to grey hydro?
I've got some grey in one top kit but wondered if I could use this instead.

How do the white hydro and white power tube compare as they have totally different ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.