How Much !!!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Just perusing E-Bay looking for bargains and the odd bit of consumable gear

and Ive come across this, now I may be simple and a tad thick, but what on earth makes this, that looks like any other tying vice, worth so much

rarity, desirability ?????? (and its had 4 bids !)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
And to think, my dad set off with a matchman hook tyer taped to a home made wooden stand. Some have more money than sense.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I like to know the direction of north wherever I go fishing because I hate fishing into the wind, I make my mind up where to
go after watching the weather forecast. Anyway I dropped my simple compass and it broke, on ebay I saw a button compass
for £1.29 including post, how cheap is that? Less than the size of a five pence piece and it works like a charm. It is so small
I have glued a piece of wool to it.

Back in the mists of time I got Billy Lane`s float encyclopaedia from the library. I collect fishing books and have been looking for a
copy, got one only £7 and in almost new condition. I couldn`t make head nor tail of it when I first read it and I can`t make head
nor tail of it now!
Some fishing books are dirt cheap and you can find hundreds just sitting in your arm chair, the internet has certainly slaughtered
the second hand book shops.

Some prices will indeed induce a `how much`! but overall I think we are spoilt.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have specified a Yorkshire shroud for me - one with a pocket with a quid in it.
You never know, it might take a backhander to get through them pearly gates.
And there's me thinking an I.O.U. might do it. Not that I'm tight or anything.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
Seriously? You've never heard of or used a Lawrence Waldron fly-tying vice? I can't believe people like you call yourselves fishermen! It's outrageous.

No idea mate but I'll take two.