holland whos going 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

andygoodall

Just back after 9 days 18/27 May------6th visit to BRIELLE-----FISHING not great! 2anglers 550 lb total catch---about 200 bream.Blue bridge/racing stables----2 days poo --handfulls bream.Bernisse (fovourite of mine usually)---poor--best day 30 lb.Voorne main length eerily devoid of anglers---the word being it is fishless because gates are still closed for repairs to marina.Best reports Spui on slab area----but need to camp out there to get in!Voorne bottom end boatyard best bet 100lb one day and agood few 40/50 lb sessions----hair-rigged corn most successful but good fish to 5lb on casters.Better luck hopefully next year

andygoodall

Stayed in Atlas-----very few anglers there this year.Did not fish Haringvliet --poor reports and put off by howling winds most of week.People did say that enormous shoals of bream were queuing up outside sluice gates unable to enter Voorne.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Word gets about Dave,no doubt Mario told every angler.Early bird catches the fish.Beach would have fished also.
Brielle is a brill place ,cracking bars.But dont like hotels for a fishing hol.Not enough flexability

Last edited:

squatt

I'm going on Thursday. Camping out is not my style in a country that has so much water. Sounds like the lads going need to get their venues sorted rather than acting like sheep. If that sounds harsh then so be it.

griff06

Site Supporter
squatt ,were are you staying,no way i would camp to get pegs.

TimB

Report on its way, got called into work within 30 mins of getting home on Sat. All in all not as good as last year, windy millers did ton...just and groines at back of Cape helius 49 bream in a 3 foot swell

dbh1705

Originally posted by TimB

Report on its way, got called into work within 30 mins of getting home on Sat. All in all not as good as last year, windy millers did ton...just and groines at back of Cape helius 49 bream in a 3 foot swell
hi Tim was nice to meet you.

looking forward to the report, hope you had better weather than me and neil did

Dave

squatt

griff06 staying at Citta, forth year now. Everything has been cleaned and packed, just got a few more feeder hooklengths to make and my drill batteries to charge. Look forward to your report TimB.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
This is going to get confusing now, we seem to have 2 threads running about the same topic.
reports are going to get missed if we are not careful.

Anyway,it seems that no one goes over between end of june, to the start of September.
Why is this, is it that the fishng is poor, or that the prices are higher.

griff06

Site Supporter
Stretch,i have some friends who go over in Aug,they pay alot more to get there ,but they say they have all the popular places to them selves,maybe ,emmaemma can comment ,they go at the same time i think.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Stretch, we (6) are going over first week in August staying in Stellendam. I will give a report when we get back. When are you going?

And yes, this thread should be moved and merged with the other Holland thread.

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
I think this thread should be renamed who went to Holland 2011[:T]All the reports could be put on here then[:)]

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Every thing crosses, if things go alright with the campervan, new rear brakes, 2 tyres to fit, should be going over later this week. Going in the camper so that I can stop anywhere I fancy, will be giving some places that I've not tried before a go. Then back home for 2 weeks, then back again with the lads on the 25th June for 8 days. Will be reporting back as I go along, If I can get a connection on the laptop.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by glenn

when you staying to stretch ?
Not sure yet, got to talk to mrs, but got to be back for the 11th, fishing a match with Phil on the 12th. Probably coming home Thurs night. I go the long way round, Manchester to Dover, Dover Dunkirk, then up through Belgium, Holland,Helleovetsluis. Ferry only 2 hrs, around 80 return, Milage around 500 miles, nice easy drive.

glenn

Account Locked
Pity we might have met you if you were there any longr but we dont arrive till the 10th .
Griff if as it looks that we might fish the river more than we thought ? and it does fish that well,i'll look for accomodation around there if anyone would be interested staying there next year instead of driving everyday ,its only a hour but thats only 20 mins more than the pegs i have picked on the Volkerack ?
Think we will need to sit and make up our minds ,jack alan me and our kid,to decide exactly where and for how long we fish the chosen pegs?think its going to be 4 venues and fish each for 2 days? trouble is ,if all the places start to fish how do you make your minds up ? could fish the polders and get 200 bream out in 2 days lol but you woud'nt want any longer than that would you ? i aint fishing the beach for 2 days ,i'll finish up looking like a lobster AGAIN ,hey chubby ?
Just really having trouble thinking where for the best and also for change of tactics ? cant sit or stand all week chucking a feeder out ,so a factor could be ,2 days feeder,2 days waggler,2 days trotting for bream and barbel pole /waggler on the polders ? i'm just going round in circles here !doing my tree in ,help !

TimB

Day 1
Voorne, poor really, highlight Neil F and Dave dropped by. Best weight was 54lb to a blank (i did 9lb!). All fish caught at half depth. They are still repairing the lock gates so no fish from Haringvliet have gone up. Only day we spent on Voorne - very few people are fishing it, very few fish caught, a bit sad really
Day 2
Spui - recreation park. All fish feeder at range, best weight was 167,142, 110, 99, 96(me) 87. It fished very well early on and then stopped for 3 hours before picking up again. All fish to caster. Pic of my mate Kev

Day 3
Zuider Deeps, back of tennis courts. We pre baited it the night before. Rained all night and cooler wind. Some fished a pole line and had early success, other fished feeder -slow start then mad 2 hours, then dead. Again all fish on caster. Best weights 87 - down to 34. Decent fish avg about 5lb.

Off to pre bait windy millers
Day 4
Windy millers. Hope were very high and after first hour it seemed that we were all on for good weights. 3 fished Wag, one pole and 2 feeder over the ledge - everyone was catching then 9.30 it stopped dead just the odd fish here and there. Picked up slightly after 3. Weights from 116 (103 me) - to 47
My Mate Roy with 96lb

Mood in the camp was sombre.
Day 5
Split up 3 fished up from the blue (now green) bridge and 3 fished the same canal on the corner pegs toward the Voorne. Very slow start, but picked up at lunchtime, best baits sweet corn or pellet. One lad caught 6lb plus Asp

weights ranged from 56 - 33 on the corner pegs and 50 to 9 on the other pegs. Decided to really pre bait the windy millers.
Day 6
Windy millers ....again. Fish were close in and water nearly flat calm with bright sunshine. Again everyone caught early on with pole. wag or feeder and then it died & never really picked up, very slow all day. Top weight 88lb and me last with 24lb. Mood in camp desperate.
Nice weather pics of wM's for Neil & Dave

Pre baited the groines at back of Cape Helius
Day 7
Very strong winds had got up overnight - giving 3 to 4 fot waves at the groines - 3 decieded to fish moat at back of Cape and 3 stuck to groines. The moat fished Ok one lad had 15 bream to mini boilie the 2 other had 10 each. The groines were insane, lobbing a feeder 20 yrds bites were vicious, really hard trying to land fish - ended up fishing 12lb braid with a 8lb braid hook link. I had my best day with 48 bream other 2 had 59 and 35.
Day 8
Moat by the lighthouse: not a good day for me - too much beer, vino and steak from De Guille the night before . I think this is now a pellet water one lad took 54lb another 34lb and rest bits, I had 1 bream, 4 Imodium's and lost count on the paracetamol!

Accomodation at Cape Helius is OK, bar reasonable draft 3.70euro per pint, food not so good - lots of very hard chips. It is worth ringing them before you go to check the extras, Deposit is 65 euro per villa, local tourist tax was 54 euro per villa and linen and towels was 13 euro each - then they said the cleaning charge of 66 euro per villa was obligatory - not what AW said.
Best Chinese Lil's Garden (they have 1 eng menu), posh eats at Puur, best steak De Guille, standard eats at De Buren - but don't get in after 8.30.

Roll on 17 May 2012.

griff06

Site Supporter
TimB, great report and great pics,the last pic on the right ,is that at the back of cape,i have beentold to fish of the point and not into the bay,but it look's like you did ok .thanks for the report Tim,ps was last year better or worse.cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.