Himalayan Pink Salt

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've been dipping my lures in salt for years...works wonders on some waters.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
I honestly think most of you are missing one of the main points made in the video.
It is not just salt that is contained in rock salt but also trace elements.Everything alive needs some of these trace elements to survive. We get them from our foods and to some extent so will carp.
In one video he explains that it is usually male carp that seek it out before spawning and will sit and feed over it to get at the minerals.
I used to use Sonubaits salted nut crush by the box until they stopped producing it.
I never had a carp under 5lb using it, on one water I saw the power of this as there were plumes of silt leading straight to where I was feeding it.
There is something in this but using an ordinary table salt I don’t think is the answer.
You can get salt licks from animal feed merchants but you will need heavy equipment to get it anywhere near what you need to add to ground bait.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
There is something in this but using an ordinary table salt I don’t think is the answer.
You can get salt licks from animal feed merchants but you will need heavy equipment to get it anywhere near what you need to add to ground bait.
I use Sea salt for my lures but if i haven't got any i'll take a bag of table salt with me...seems to work just as well.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Hi Trogg I’m not saying salt doesn’t work as most of the Sensas and Van den Eyde groundbaits use it, just that there is more to it than just the salt.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Trogg I’m not saying salt doesn’t work as most of the Sensas and Van den Eyde groundbaits use it, just that there is more to it than just the salt.
Yeah i know mate, i was just saying that instead of pink salt etc i use sea salt or table salt at a push.... never thought about salt licks...i wonder if you could crack them up and hair rig them :D

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Sea salt could work as long as it is not too refined as it should contain some trace elements and minerals.
I work with a lad that used to design crushers for quarries tad expensive though.
Not sure about hair rigging slay kicks but you can get them on a rope.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not sure about hair rigging slay kicks but you can get them on a rope.
After i posted last night i was talking to my daughter...she was replacing the mineral lick on the cages of her giant rabbit and guineapigs, hit me like a brick, i almost slapped myself on the forehead, mineral licks are just "boosted" salt licks and they come in very handy sizes (and flavours, she's got mint, strawberry, cherry etc)...just right for hair rigging lol

I may try putting one on a trace before clipping on the lure and see what happens :blahblah::blahblah: