Hill view leisure

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
Popped over to the parents caravan this weekend at Hill view leisure near Chapel St Leonard’s.
I have fished here before but often only go for an hour or 2 and winkle a few fish out, I decided to have a good go at it this weekend.
Arrived bankside at 9.30am and picked a peg I previously did well on, I had some nice margins with undercut banks and around 8-9m down the bank had a brick wall and an inlet.
In front of me I found the bottom of the slope around 2+1 distance out so used this as my pellet and meat line before chucking the method feeder out.

First cast with the method saw me land a break of around 1lb followed by a carp around 4lb, I then had a savage take on the drop as soon as the method hit the water but unfortunately the hook pulled.

Going on to my pole line it was quite slow going, managed to pick out a few decent roach and the odd bream followed by a solitary carp before the swim died off.

Come 1pm I had clicked about 20lb on my clicker so decided to focus on the margins, I cupped in 4 pots of groundbait down the edge and the first put in with 8 maggots resulted in a Tench of around 3lb followed by a few carp around 7lb.

In front of my peg I had noticed tails up right on front of my footplate, clearly mopping up the bait I had dropped in front of me.
I was struggling with liners when I dropped the float in so decided to put a method feeder rig on my pole.

The next 2 hours or so resulted in over 80lb of carp including 5 doubles, all caught within a foot of the end of my seatbox.

Finished off around 5pm and clicked around 110lb of carp, bream and a single Tench.

Silver fan 82

Popped over to the parents caravan this weekend at Hill view leisure near Chapel St Leonard’s.
I have fished here before but often only go for an hour or 2 and winkle a few fish out, I decided to have a good go at it this weekend.
Arrived bankside at 9.30am and picked a peg I previously did well on, I had some nice margins with undercut banks and around 8-9m down the bank had a brick wall and an inlet.
In front of me I found the bottom of the slope around 2+1 distance out so used this as my pellet and meat line before chucking the method feeder out.

First cast with the method saw me land a break of around 1lb followed by a carp around 4lb, I then had a savage take on the drop as soon as the method hit the water but unfortunately the hook pulled.

Going on to my pole line it was quite slow going, managed to pick out a few decent roach and the odd bream followed by a solitary carp before the swim died off.

Come 1pm I had clicked about 20lb on my clicker so decided to focus on the margins, I cupped in 4 pots of groundbait down the edge and the first put in with 8 maggots resulted in a Tench of around 3lb followed by a few carp around 7lb.

In front of my peg I had noticed tails up right on front of my footplate, clearly mopping up the bait I had dropped in front of me.
I was struggling with liners when I dropped the float in so decided to put a method feeder rig on my pole.

The next 2 hours or so resulted in over 80lb of carp including 5 doubles, all caught within a foot of the end of my seatbox.

Finished off around 5pm and clicked around 110lb of carp, bream and a single Tench.
Result! Its suprising how close into the margins the fish will come sometimes yet so many people neglect them and cast right over feeding fish.
Sounds like you had a great day!