Help with fishing diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrengeorge

speci-ish
Hi,

Im a computer science student, and I will soon be working on my software development project.

Im currently in the 'decide what to make' stage.

My main idea would be a program that enables us anglers to keep track of our catches, provide statistics and what-not.

What I would like to know is what sort of things you put into any diaries or logs, stuff like what details eg weather, time, baits etc?

What could be done to improve your current system, if anything? In other words, what would you want from an angling log?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS if there are any existing systems out there that people know about, let me know.

PPS the finished product will of course be made available for free download

Festa

to start with :

date,venue,peg no.,conditions, bait, technique. Total weight or best fish.

i also have a section for PB's and targets.

Good Luck with the project Darrengeorge

dward1996

Life Member
Personally speaking, I try to record as much information as possible in my diary. I record details of the actual trip (date, venue, lake, swim, permit used time spent fishing, who I fished with etc.), the weather conditions and water quality, the tackle used (both rod/reel/pole and terminal tackle used), the area of the swim fished and the depth fished and the bait used. I also include a summary of how the day went, and a list of the different approaches I used, along with the all important fish caught section (unfortunately this doesn't always get filled in!)

Originally posted by darrengeorge

PS if there are any existing systems out there that people know about, let me know.
Fishing Buddy 6.0 is free.
Fishnet 2.0 has a free download here.
The Fishing Diary + Database is not free, but you can download a 30 day free trial, which should help with your project.
There are more fishing downloads available on this link as well.

Finally, you may find the following thread interesting:

how many of you keep a fishing diary

I hope this helps a bit, and good luck with the project!

dward1996

Life Member
Originally posted by wide_eyed_wolf

is there any mac versions of the programs?
I'm afraid I'm not aware of any programmes with versions designed for macs.

Originally posted by darrengeorge

Another good place to look for programmes is download websites such as Download.com

Adam S

Account Locked
i record

venue
date,time
bait
rigs/hook size/line strenght etc
air temp
water temp
tide for sea fishing (height and stage)
moon phase
weather