HELP! Used pole advice - Daiwa ZR3

Huntbt

Looking for some advice. Hoping to buy a second hand pole and I’ve found a Daiwa ZR3 for £300 with no repairs. Is this a good pole and a good deal? Any advice welcome!
Thanks!

Freesolo82

What type of fishing are you hoping to use it for? I own one and its not a bad pole @ 13m starts to go @ full length though.

Not too sure on price, how many top kits does it come with and what is its condition? some people will try to sell a heavy used pole like its brand new would always try to see it in flesh to check the joints

Huntbt

What type of fishing are you hoping to use it for? I own one and its not a bad pole @ 13m starts to go @ full length though.

Not too sure on price, how many top kits does it come with and what is its condition? some people will try to sell a heavy used pole like its brand new would always try to see it in flesh to check the joints
Thanks for the reply mate, I’ll be using it on commercials only like The oaks. it comes with 3 power kits with side pullas and 1 match kit. It also has a number 4 from a ZR4.
I’m looking for a used Pole under £500 but it’s a total minefield for someone who’s been away from pole fishing for 15 years.

Freesolo82

Ok mate, will give you my honest opinion on it. Its strong as far as I can tell and has stood up to me using it on the river which is the most demanding type of fishing for any pole I have cupped in big balls of heavy groundbait and its never let me down. I fish it up to 13m and haven't had it out at 14.5 in a while and it starts to lose its shape past 13m like all poles in its price range.

It is a minefield mate I would always inspect first and check all the sections thoroughly for damage especially the joints as they can take some abuse,

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Looking for some advice. Hoping to buy a second hand pole and I’ve found a Daiwa ZR3 for £300 with no repairs. Is this a good pole and a good deal? Any advice welcome!
Thanks!
Sounds a bargain to me have spoken to many people with daiwa sr poles and they all say they are strong and good to 13m