Have the carp Spawned - West Midlands ?.

Jim P

Hi All, Will be fishing the commercials around the Stourport area from June 22nd till June 29th.

Does anyone know if the carp have spawned yet in that area. ( We've still got our flat caps on up here in Lancs. ). Thanks.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes, No

Some waters they have, other waters they haven't,

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Don't know about where you live, but in this little part of West Yorkshire, yes, they've finished.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Lingmere where I've been fishing the last few weeks, they've spawned. Claremont where I fished yesterday, they haven't. Bailiffs said they're going to close while they're spawning. Is this normal? I've never heard of it before.

D

Deleted member 21081

Lingmere where I've been fishing the last few weeks, they've spawned. Claremont where I fished yesterday, they haven't. Bailiffs said they're going to close while they're spawning. Is this normal? I've never heard of it before.
They’re not interested in feeding while spawning anyway mate so they’d be saving you a day ticket. Won’t spawn in this weather though I don’t think?

Jim P

Thanks all for your replies.
We are looking at our usual haunts like Moorlands Farm, Woodland View, Larford, Solhampton, Cob House and, Avelchurch.
I'll ring round the fisheries later next week to get an update but thanks again for all your comments.

Silverfisher

Again wouldn’t have a clue in your area but around Oxfordshire they have been finished for a while on the venues I fish and/or follow. Might have some relevance to up your way in terms of here being not much much further south.

sapperrich

Site Supporter
I know that the one pool I fish in Sandwell, West Mid's the carp have finished. It was great the other week watching the bream spawning in reeds on local cut.

Jim P

Brilliant replies, thanks to you all.

It's amazing how helpful this site can be, thanks.

Thanks all for your replies.
We are looking at our usual haunts like Moorlands Farm, Woodland View, Larford, Solhampton, Cob House and, Avelchurch.
I'll ring round the fisheries later next week to get an update but thanks again for all your comments.
Fished woodlands last week and they hadn't then