Harthill

Hawk

Site Supporter
Went to harthill recently,normally fish with a mate but he was unavailable so took my sister,being disabled I need help. The lady came around for the money and charged me for my sister who was only there to help me not happy

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
That's just extracting the wee-wee. I would have voted with my feet.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Were you both using a rod at the time or fishing from 2 separate pegs, although it doesn't sound like it - does your mate normally get charged?

Hawk

Site Supporter
My sister is a non fisherman,when I fish with my mate we both pay as we both fish the short pole

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
That’s always been the rule there mate unfortunately (n)
That’s why I don’t go very often

J Tesseyman

Went to harthill recently,normally fish with a mate but he was unavailable so took my sister,being disabled I need help. The lady came around for the money and charged me for my sister who was only there to help me not happy
That’s well out of order in my opinion.
We should be doing all we can to promote accessible fishing for disabled people. If that involves needing a carer with you in a non fishing role, then I would have thought that common sense prevails and you would not charge the carer.
I would have walked, but the gentleman is entitled to a days sport.
I know the water well, but having heard how the gentleman was treated, I doubt if i’ll Go back.
I know rules is rules, but these rules have been created by the landowner and rules can always be changed in exceptional circumstances such as this.
What ever happened to common decency, fair play, the love of your fellow man, or woman in this case.
It shakes your faith in human nature.
Disappointed.
Jim Tesseyman

sagalout

Site Supporter
What an awful way to run a business. Do you not have a local club that you can join? Most clubs have disabled access, disabled concessions and would not charge for a helper. If I lived in the area I would boycott the place.

baz1

How disgusting. Do not know any fisheries in the midlands who have this despicable policy. If you need a carer, you need one, its not a luxury but a necessity.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Bang out of order, it's disgusting. I would vote with my feet mate. We have disabled members who often have either a carer or relative to help them out and the club recognises that fact. No charges at all are made for the helper/carer and often the bailiff (me) will come round every now and again just to make sure all is well.