Harthill Bolesworth estate 21/08/19

Baldie

After being out of the fishing circuit and committing the ultimate sin (selling all my gear) due to illness, I am finally on the road to recovery.
So after spending a Royal fortune getting my gear together again, went to one of my old haunts, Harthill on the Bolesworth estate, still as beautiful as I remember.
Started on the tip at 25 yds on corn and had a good morning plenty of bream, nice roach and a solitary carp.
Happy days.
1567102634219.jpeg
1567102692912.jpeg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Well done mate. Only been there once & didn't have a clue how to fish it. Managed a few roach & skimmers on the pole & waggler.
Might see you at Yew Tree sometime if you're back in business.

Baldie

Last week in the hot sun the carp were cruising the margins, floating bread was catching. I stuck it out on the feeder for the bream and roach.
Had a look at Yew Tree last week, it has changed a bit, undergrowth is a lot longer, my profile pic is from Yew Tree you can see how short the bankside vegetation was.
Hopefully see you soon.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yeah...like I said in a previous thread, I remember you from Steve Cotterill's forum.

Baldie

Sad loss, good fishing mate of mine! He knew Yew Tree like the back of his hand, he had some fantastic catches of the large tench, sadly they seem to have declined.
Dave