Hard Case Storage - Flying Abroad

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
I have been looking at the Ridge Monkey Gorilla range recently to keep some stuff (mainly reels) safe in my suitcase on a flight, however I wasn't overly impressed on the overall rigidity when having a look in the shop.

GorillaBox Cookware Cases - RidgeMonkey®

I have seen reviews for these below but they aren't in stock in a shop for me to have a look at, they are also a touch pricey but would come in handy for camping and overnighters etc.

Anything else that will do a similar job, or should I bubble wrap them and hope on kind luggage handlers? (y)

Silverfisher

I’ve never used anything fancy myself. I put my reels in a tackle bag that has a ridged base then put clothes around and on top of said bag for extra padding. The tackle bag itself is rammed full so there’s no movement inside it. As for rods I just use travel rods in hard tubes and put them diagonally across the suitcase. When you add in clothes its all pretty tightly packed and wedged in place. I have flown over to Florida with this set up 6 years in a row now and have never had anything break.

stephenk

Site Supporter
I have been looking at the Ridge Monkey Gorilla range recently to keep some stuff (mainly reels) safe in my suitcase on a flight, however I wasn't overly impressed on the overall rigidity when having a look in the shop.

GorillaBox Cookware Cases - RidgeMonkey®

I have seen reviews for these below but they aren't in stock in a shop for me to have a look at, they are also a touch pricey but would come in handy for camping and overnighters etc.

Anything else that will do a similar job, or should I bubble wrap them and hope on kind luggage handlers? (y)
Tupperware boxes and bubble wrap might be a cheap solution for reels - use em for bait when you're out there too.

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
Cheers lads, I might just get another square bucket then, I do like the look of the forge stuff but they usually do discounts so I will hang off for now. (y)

No rods to take so that's fine there.