Guru N - guage ' pro '

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Im always the last to try something new but, this year Ive been having a play with the Guru N - guage line. To say that Im impressed is an understatement. Lovely and subtle and knot strength seems really good. I maybe wrong but, I believe the N - guage only goes down to 0.11 which is about 3lb I think ? I realise that if I want to use N - guage in a lower diameter then Im going to have to use N - guage ' pro ' Does anyone have any experience of this line ? Its got to be better than Drennan suplex surely ? Thanks.

sjmclean

I really like Supplex, but know someone who uses everything Guru and he likes it. But he's in the process of switching to Supplex flurocarbon.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I really like Supplex, but know someone who uses everything Guru and he likes it. But he's in the process of switching to Supplex flurocarbon.
Whether Id dropped on a bad batch I don't know but, a few months ago I was really struggling to tie hook lengths using Supplex. I'd heard good things that's what made me give it a go. It felt to me that the line was oval and not round at all. I've recently been trying Guru and I'm well impressed. The N - gauge however only goes down to 0.11. I'm going to have to try the N - gauge ' pro ' If I want to drop down to 0.08 etc. 👍