Guru method feeder hook lengths review

Paul22

Site Supporter
Usually tie all my own hooks and have always stayed away from ready tied hooks but these caught my eye.....
Bought some guru method feeder hook lengths on Friday and tested them on my Saturday match.
Size 14 mwg hook
.22 guru n-gauge
4 inch long
Quick stop hair
Never used the mwg hooks before but I do use n- gauge line
Price £2.75 for 8

I found them to be brilliant well tied with a bit of silicone to hold the hair in place.
Had some big old warriors out on them too which pulled hard.
The hair was perfect length for me and quick stops nice and neat.
The bait was double corn.
The hooks seemed strong and sharp
Bonus won the match 👍
Will definitely use the again 🐟

Fishy Medic

Site Supporter
I used the same yesterday with bands and found them excellent too. Like you I tie my own, so felt a little guilty buying these.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Found the 4” ones very good but tried the 6” and had problems with the line snapping at the loop knot.
Hoping it was just a bad batch. Just got some 15” versions for pellet wag work so will see how they fair

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Found the 4” ones very good but tried the 6” and had problems with the line snapping at the loop knot.
Hoping it was just a bad batch. Just got some 15” versions for pellet wag work so will see how they fair
I use the 6inch LWG ones for pellet waggler,like to have the option to fish shallower than 15inch. No problems with snapping at the knot for me so perhaps you had a dodgy pack?

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I use the 6inch LWG ones for pellet waggler,like to have the option to fish shallower than 15inch. No problems with snapping at the knot for me so perhaps you had a dodgy pack?
Yes that’s what I’m hoping mate. Nearly every one in pack went on the knot so I’m guessing it was a fault

jay67

Site Supporter
use various guru hooklengths for all my coarse fishing . never been let down

Marker50

Site Supporter
Only bit i dont like is silicon tube idea.
It slides up the shank and breaks .
I would prefer if they whipped further down the shank .

LouisD

I had one go at the knot but I didn't loosen the little triangle tag first when I removed it from the card so assumed I had damaged the line (0.11). Other than that, not had any problems and have found them to be more reliable than Drennan ones. For the extra 10p or so they cost over a loose hook and line, I can't be bothered to tie my own now apart from the combinations they don't currently offer.

RichB

I bought the QM1 4in hooklengths. (7lb line to size 14 hook) for feeder/method fishing. I don't know what line is used on them but I've had 3 break. I shan't be buying them again. I thought it might be they had a problem with Korum easy feeders, however, it also happened with Drennan method feeders. I'm actually that unimpressed with the line, the other night I took them apart and retied them with Drennan Supplex (and to my surprise managed to get the tiny bit of silicone on the hook and line).

I've also had to re-tie the hook lengths I tied with Guru N-Gauge line, as they snapped/broke as well. I'll be sticking to Drennan Supplex or Preston Reflo Power from now on as I've never had a problem with them. I'll still buy Guru hooks as I rate the patterns, but hook lengths and line I won't be buying again.

GeoffW

Site Supporter
A couple of years ago I had a problem with QM1s size 16 giving way at the hook knot when put under pressure.
Sent them to Guru for testing. They reported back that some had failed their tests. All were replaced. I tied my own since with Preston Reflo. Still get the occasional snap off😯

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
I have use a few of the banded ones never had a problem. Tried a few others and have had problems. Generally make my own. But if I have not had time I have no problem with using the guru hook lengths.

Pete.a

I have used Guru pre tied for awhile, and never had any issues. Swapped to drennan and had a few escape. Do tie my own for pleasure fishing, using qm1 and reflo...

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
They will always snap at the knot unless damaged in some way because that is the weakest point.

alsur

I had a couple of QM1 size 14s break last weekend not experienced in before. I like Preston PR-C1 never had one break but stopped using them as bands keep breaking.

Reactions: PAB

Fred Davis

I have found the Guru pellet wag hooks bend out and are too soft in the metal for munters used once let me down nuff said spare parts bin job

Dusty Rhodes

These are all I use now for my method feeder fishing, I can’t see any benefit whatsoever in tying my own.
Outstanding quality and my local shop does them at £2.75 a pack.