Guru dacron connectors

marcusp

Lost 5 carp over the last couple of months having swapped all my top kits to these.
Each one on various elastics from 8 -20 the bead and dacron connector has cut through the elastic.
Ive heard of a few others having the same issue and it appears the bead and thick dacron is to tight and cuts through the elastic.

Anyone else had this problem ?

GeoffW

Site Supporter
What size are you using?
I've been using the large size for a couple of months with Middy blue on margin pole.
No problems so far with them. Carp up to low doubles.

dubdog

It's the Dacron that cuts the elastic. Line does not. Which to the drennan bead method. Where you attach your line straight to the elastic.

Simon65

Yes i would get rid of the Dacron keep the bead and just use the bead with the line connected to the elastic direct . Best method of all

richox12

If the thick Dacron is cutting through the elastic then it's not the Dacron's fault and thin mono will do the same. Most likely the end of elastic is perished or damaged.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I have used the smallest ones on a 5 solid elastic because I was afraid my line would cut through the elastic if connected direct, I use a crowfoot and small bead on all elastics over a 5. Had no problems with the guru connectors at all.

How are you connecting them to the elastic?

kingfisher5

Had the whole range on different elastics all year and haven’t had any issues either. Also use the beads on my pullas

rufcuk

Site Supporter
I have been using since they came out with no issues - how olds your elastic - are you overtightning the Dacron when fitting ? What size you using

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Been using these for a while with no problems.

marcusp

If the thick Dacron is cutting through the elastic then it's not the Dacron's fault and thin mono will do the same. Most likely the end of elastic is perished or damaged.
all my 20 top kits have new ng elastic in of various grades and as I said its happened across a range of elastic strengths.
i remember a few months a go a conversation on social media involving a very well known angler having the same issues and it turned into a heated debate with guru who denied the problem.

i think as others have said that its the very stiff dacron which is not dacron but more like amnesia cutting like cheese wire

marcusp

I have used the smallest ones on a 5 solid elastic because I was afraid my line would cut through the elastic if connected direct, I use a crowfoot and small bead on all elastics over a 5. Had no problems with the guru connectors at all.

How are you connecting them to the elastic?
Overhand not in elastic then a hitch behind it with the dacron. Never had an issue with the drennan ones before