Grand Union or Oxford Canal

Silverfisher

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has ever had any successful sessions on the Grand Union Canal around Milton Keynes or Aylesbury or the Oxford Canal from between the Banbury and Oxford?

Now the rivers are out of action for 3 months I'm looking at these as possible venues for the next 6 weeks or so as my prefered Stillwater fishery doesn't fish consistently well for the roach and perch I target there until May when they are generally done with spawning. My canal fishing experience is limited to a couple of barely better than blank sessions on the Oxford canal at enslow years ago and a surprisingly successful session on the Kennet and Avon canal last year not far from Devizes when I just seemed to land on a pile of fish. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

dewain21

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has ever had any successful sessions on the Grand Union Canal around Milton Keynes or Aylesbury or the Oxford Canal from between the Banbury and Oxford?

Now the rivers are out of action for 3 months I'm looking at these as possible venues for the next 6 weeks or so as my prefered Stillwater fishery doesn't fish consistently well for the roach and perch I target there until May when they are generally done with spawning. My canal fishing experience is limited to a couple of barely better than blank sessions on the Oxford canal at enslow years ago and a surprisingly successful session on the Kennet and Avon canal last year not far from Devizes when I just seemed to land on a pile of fish. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Somerton from the bridge down fishes well, lots of roach, skimmers, possibilities of big bream and perch showing, carp seem to have vanished from the good old days along with the chub as well,

Silverfisher

Thanks that sounds promising, the oxford canal is my preferred option as it’s closer to me than the grand union.