Google Chrome security warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Has anyone had any issues with Chrome issuing security warnings when using the Maggotdrowning website?

The reason I ask is last year Google announced that they were going to issue warnings when Chrome users opened any page that had a form in requesting information which wasn't secured with SSL ( ie https prefix), whether it be passwords, usernames or even just typing posts etc into a form field.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good to hear [:T]

There is a SSL certificate but it's not site wide at the moment as there is no need for it to be. But if Google do start to cause issues then I'll look to do so

JohnC

Not the same Dave, but there are sections of the page that are being blocked in firefox because of tracking attempts.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Let me know which sections John as there are no tracking pixels in any of the pages that I know of

Kev86

No warnings for me either Dave.
Kev

Last edited:

blue orfe

I sometimes get a box come up asking do I wish to re-submit form when clicking back button on MD- that is on an iPad using chrome. Not sure if that's a site issue or just some local setting, or my fat fingers.

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Blue Orfe - that's just your browser taking you to the previous page which would have been when you posted a comment or reply for you to see that message
if you click the 'Return to Forum' link or wait for the page to take you back then you won't see that message

blue orfe

Originally posted by Dave

Blue Orfe - that's just your browser taking you to the previous page which would have been when you posted a comment or reply for you to see that message
if you click the 'Return to Forum' link or wait for the page to take you back then you won't see that message
[:T]Thank you

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by JohnC

Not the same Dave, but there are sections of the page that are being blocked in firefox because of tracking attempts.
I'm using firefox and have had no blocking, as a moderator i have to go through all the forums and the classifieds etc.

JohnC

Thanks Trogg, but I`ve switched off the tracking protection and some new adds have appeared in the threads. So must be `free driver updates` and `carp indicator system` at least :)

willsmodger

Had it on other sites but not MD. The only problem I have is with a long post the submit reply button disappears.
Hard not to take it personally, but respect to the mods good sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave The Club House 11
B The Club House 11
fishcatcher4 The Club House 4
M The Club House 9
N The Club House 3