Gone Fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well we woke up this morning to find we're still here...
Life is hard but don't worry we'll suffer the pain and have another day fishing :D

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
It’s easy this being in charge lark, I’ve not come across any need to go near the Red Button and @Trogg has nailed the cookie jar lid on 😬

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Wise Owl

Have you noticed summat? Nice pics of views...but no fish. All that gear and doesn't how to use it eh? :ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Ones a lump of wood and one is Peter :D

Loads of fish being caught. Peter has the better peg as I let him choose it lol

Total

Site Supporter
@Dave ......Photo looks like our Peter is hanging on to a hand rail whilst in the bathroom on the throne! :p:D:giggle:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ps I had to stop for lunch and afternoon pasties:D

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Obviously very few of you appreciate just how much effort that Dave and I had to put into this trip.:p
First off we had to start every day with a breakfast at The Pumphouse Cafe on site........
Breakfast.jpg
then on Friday we had to fish on Ash Lake in lovely surroundings and accept goodie bags of Garbolino gear while being coached by Darren Cox, Simon Fry, Gary Thorpe and Lee Newsom and on top of that we were expected to catch fish!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Pete and Simon.jpg

Peter peg21.jpg
Then if that wasn't traumatic enough, we had to stop and eat a free buffet before going back to fishing and catching some more fish again. :oops: Thankfully both Dave and I managed to survive the ordeal.:giggle:

Saturday after another breakfast saw us making our way to the peace and quiet of Wood Lake on the fishery............

wood-lake.jpg
in an effort to recover from our previous days ordeal.

DSCF0584.JPG

Saturday Peg.jpg
Unfortunately our plans for a nice recuperative day were sadly foiled as the fish seemed to find our baits and tactics rather to their tastes

DSCF0589.JPG

DSCF0593.JPG
Indeed for the last hour I broke the feeder rod out fishing a Ringers 6mm wafter and managed 11 carp on the same single wafter, impressing Dave so much that he brought himself a pot as he reckoned it would last him at least 10 years. :ROFLMAO:

DSCF0596.JPG
So there you go, I think I can safely say that anyone who attends The Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm 2019 should find themselves having a decent few days.;) After all, if Dave can catch there it has to be good. :LOL:

DSCF0595.JPG

Total

Site Supporter
Nice write up Peter.....Looked a decent couple of days.(y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
All carp?..where's the proper fish?. :p
Looks like you had a nice time out. :upthumb:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
That Wood Lake looks brilliant....don't know why but it just appeals to me. Would love a crack at that.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
That Wood Lake looks brilliant....don't know why but it just appeals to me. Would love a crack at that.
It's a cracking little water tucked away in a corner of the fishery with just 5 pegs and gets very little pressure. (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I must say I had a really nice weekend. Friday though was frustrating to say the least; my peg was covered in cotton wool that was being blown in from behind me off the trees and it made bait presentation almost impossible. It also stuck to my face neck and ears and had the sensation of being tickled to death most of the time.

Everytime I put my line in the water it came back covered in the stuff, a bit like Bream slime but not something you could flick off. And talk about foul hookers, I'd say that 1 in 4 fish was hooked correctly, the rest just tore off dragging my line through the wool on the surface.

Saturday however was a different day completely and very enjoyable. Woods is a little jewel in the crown at Alders, one I've never fished before but one I'd definitely fish again