Gone Fishing Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayw2011

Went on here the otherday. Was fishing rod and line but the line started to jam up in the eyes of the rod because of the seeds from the trees. Fished my beast master 4m margin pole down side with a chunk of bread. Missed aload of bites. Had 2 tench to about 6lb and a few decent carp to around 7lb mark. Also had some crumping roach. Pike was about because I saw it take a dieing fish from surface

nutmeg

Its the willow seed heads, very annoying stuff and sadly there is a lot of it on the lake surface where l intend to start this seasons tench session tomorrow.

jayw2011

No chunk of Bread on bottom on a size 14 animal hook. Cant use floating baits. Which I agree with because some people chuck a loaf in before they even put some on hook and expect catch.

nutmeg

Hi again, loads of the seed head in my chosen swlm this morning, but if l put the rod tip under the water as soon as my method feeder hit the water l was able in the whole to cope with the seed head and only once had the tip eye clogged up.
the lake didnt really fish well and l only managed 4 tench all between 4lb and 5lb, and one solitary crucian at 1lb 8oz.
one good thing though is that the offending trees that produce the seeds are going to be felled this autumn, which should make a big difference in the years to come, these trees wont be missed as the place is like a forest in places lol.
will be back again either tomorrow evening for the tench, or onto the main lake to see if the bream are on the feed.

Last edited:

nutmeg

Sorry mate l dont know your fishing venue as you havent named it as far as l can see, l was fishing at a club owned lake in south Cheshire mate. Just commenting on the seed head problem, tight lines buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.