Gizmo Angling addresses issues wth ZT-Lite

carlh

Site Supporter
Still waiting for my upgraded part as well

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Not just me waiting as well. From the photo Dave posted it looks like they are 3D printed, by Gizmo.

Fintank

Really feel after all the issues, they should be supplying the brass ones featured in all the pics and videos as replacements. There defo printed items by the looks of it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They definitely look to be 3D printed

GeoffW

Site Supporter
Really feel after all the issues, they should be supplying the brass ones featured in all the pics and videos as replacements. There defo printed items by the looks of it.
I tend to agree with you. I know it's only a hook tyer, but imagine the reaction if a reel manufacturers promotional video showed their reel with alloy spools and they supplied plastic!
I've attached my new magnets and it's a massive improvement on the original. Testing tomorrow.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
It appears to me that they’ve invented a truly excellent product in the ‘pro’.
Obviously price is an issue.
The ‘lite’ appears to be a compromise to try to capture a segment of the market that won’t pay the pro price.
Perhaps they should just stick to producing the pro and accept they can’t be all things to all people?

Fintank

I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea. I for one certainly couldn't afford the pro version so was over the moon that a basic version was coming out. I would however have been more happy if the product I received was the one I thought I was buying. It looks bombproof on the video and pictures because there is no plastic items on it whatsoever including the handle. By using plastic printed components on customer versions they have left themselves open to criticism because the version they've provided is from bombproof. Totally agree with Geoff, I think if trading standards were involved then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
I don’t have a problem with the printed components. As done properly they should be as good as a moulded product. I think they have used one of the lower end 3D printers to produce them and it may only be able to do two at a time.
Perhaps for this run they should have used someone like Materialise who could have run these off in one / two runs.

carlh

Site Supporter
When I finally get the replacement parts think I will flog it as not impressed with it at all the magnets get in the way,think it’s rubbish myself

sagalout

Site Supporter
Nice sales technique, that should have the punters queueing up :)

carlh

Site Supporter
Has everyone waiting got there upgrade part coz still waiting for mine

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's nice to a see a company actually dealing with a problem. Top marks to them.

dumdum

Site Supporter
Having been sent two gizmo pros I rang them up, got Dennis and had a nice chat about all manner of stuff, arranged for me to return the hook tier via Lindholme Lakes to save him postage etc, no problem... he then offers to send me some goodies as he had no clue I had two and never would to reward my honesty, that’s really nice I think... well that was a year or more ago... no sign of anything and I can’t really badger the bloke for freebies! I figured it was a really nice gesture, but when your in business I learnt if you promise something you generally should do it or you look like your either too busy for customer service (this I suspect) or you don’t give a toss about custom...

So you will doubtless get your replacement bits and bobs.... but as nobby says you’d think with a massive cock up on every machine sold they would move heaven and earth to rectify the issue and also not advertise a differently built machine with metal parts as pointed out by another poster