get ready for it

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
All the desperate stay at homes are going to have a nervous breakdown, the Jeremy Kyle show has been pulled, no more episodes will be shown, it's even been removed from catchup/on demand!!

A guest has killed themselves after being on the show and having the "host" and his audience attacking them.... i must admit i have wondered how long it would take before some poor mug killed themselves cos of the show.... it's been a lot longer than i expected!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It had to happen sometime. It's all very well going in with all guns blazing, but what if the person on the receiving end has mental health issues?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
From what I got told you have to apply to get on the show, you don't just get asked to turn up, and all participants do so voluntarily, no one gets called upon against their will.
In return you get a night stay in a hotel, food and drink allowance, even ciggies thrown in, as you cannot be paid to attend.
To some 'guests' it a free holiday as such

Now, if only they pulled Love Island, Big Brother, and all the other inane programs, TV could start getting back to being entertaining

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Could you imagine the hotel room when they leave.

62tucker

Site Supporter
From what I got told you have to apply to get on the show, you don't just get asked to turn up, and all participants do so voluntarily, no one gets called upon against their will.
In return you get a night stay in a hotel, food and drink allowance, even ciggies thrown in, as you cannot be paid to attend.

Now, if only they pulled Love Island, Big Brother, and all the other inane programs, TV could start getting back to being entertaining
Are you sure they don’t get a fee. I sure there was a couple on the other year and admitted everything was made up just for the money to buy drugs.
The bloke who has died failed a lie detector test about him having a affair.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's what I was told by someone who's mates had been on the show. I haven't applied personally :D

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Just another show for the workshy, p;sshead Bonk yer family , Drug addled, thick as **** uneducated, Bad Toothed, thieving, Unemployable scourge of Society to try get 5 minutes of fame.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just another show for the workshy, p;sshead Bonk yer family , Drug addled, thick as **** uneducated, Bad Toothed, thieving, Unemployable scourge of Society to try get 5 minutes of fame.
Why don't you say what you mean!!!!

crackatoa

Site Supporter
They give them a ‘food’ budget the night before the show which is invariably spent on booze and McDonald’s. The V&A hotel in Manchester stopped allowing guests to stay there because they’d trash the place.
Backstage in the green room, the toothless wonders are whipped up into a frenzy by producers and encouraged to drink more alcohol prior to and during the show.
A programme built around exploiting the misery of the ignorant and unfortunate should not have lasted so long.
As for Kyle, he's a total narcissist who feels the need to bully people who are weaker and more vulnerable than himself to get his kicks.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If ya Boned yer mams mate or yer mates Dog ya dont want it broadcasting on telly thinking the lie Detector dont work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
It just goes to show that 'there's nowt so queer as folks'. Why would you want to go on national TV to 'air your dirty laundry'.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
It just goes to show that 'there's nowt so queer as folks'. Why would you want to go on national TV to 'air your dirty laundry'.
Free ale and a night in a hotel will swing it for most of them.

lp1886

You could have just said Northerners!! 😂

H T B

Site Supporter

as regards Love Island, hasn't there been a few suicides because they can't handle not being out of the limelight?
too many want their 15 minutes of fame and to cream it out for eternity.
no sympathy from me. {so I'm a callous b*****d, so what?]
The sooner they do away with these so called reality tv shows the better.