Garbolino legless sidetray

lucc

Just bought one at angling direct....
I like the fact that there are no legs.
I will use a waterproof spray on the hood.

Last edited:

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
update update update.....

So used my legless sidetray in yesterdays wind.......given there is no leg the centre of gravity of your whole set is shifted away from the centre of the seatbox and add in a large hood acting as a sail then I was lucky to just catch my seatbox from tipping into the margins with everything attached :p

Couple of other anglers have subsequently told me they now peg there seatbox down in windy conditions.

Madd

Site Supporter
I've had one for nearly a year now. Fantastic side tray, easy to set up and pack away, plenty of room on it without it being oversized like my old Preston monster tray was.
My only issues have been that the awning isn't 100% waterproof (in heavy rain it does leak through, the first time it did so it was leaking on to my phone and in to my maggots and thankfully I realised in time!) And if you undo the screws to far by mistake the metal bits the screws go in will fall out which I've nearly lost before.
Your right
Sat out in an absolute downpourlast week and maggots wrre crawling all over the place
Will spray mine with somefabric waterproofer and see how it goes

lucc

ok, I received it and used it several times.
Nothing wrong to report except I would have apreciated a transport bag with it. But it never comes for any tray...too bad.
I have sprayed the hood with the waterproofer.
Btw, my friend has a Rive hood and the feeling (thickness) looks the same.
I think it will protect correctly maggots now.

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
At the price these sell for and for what they actually are I have to say that I'd expect a fully 100% waterproof material to be used!!!
The hood doesn't need to be breathable so any cheap yet fully waterproof material could have been used.
I feel that I'd not be a happy camper if I'd shelled out all that money on one of these only to find it doesn't actually do what it says on the tin!!!!

lucc

Bah, a spray costs nothing and btw I am not sure of the quantity of water needed to allow the water to penetrate, the hood is rather thick.
What I would have liked (and it is the same thing for any tablet) would be a special bag to come with it, as those dimensions are far from standard and hard to find.
Ourt of that, very happy with this tablet.

gillsmike

Site Supporter
I've now sprayed mine with some waterproof spray (Aldi special buy at £1.70 a can or something like that!), have sprayed it twice and it seems to have done the trick although I haven't been in really heavy rain as yet. However I have had water pool up in the top fold which hasn't then leaked through so it does seem to have solved the issue (for now anyway).
I must admit had I known Preston was going to release their hooded sidetrays with covers that are fully waterproof I may have waited though with the way the support system works on the Garbo stuff I do have more confidence that if I overload it it won't break the fittings.
It's a shame really because as mentioned above for the price it costs the cover should be fully waterproof without the need for a spray.