Sold Free to a good home (is a fishing newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
John Wilson Avon quiver. About six years old, in good nick with the original bag.
I no longer need it as I now have the travel version. It's a great rod for someone new and for someone looking for a decent 1.25lb test curve rod. It'll happily manage anything from a Gudgeon to a ten pound Barbel (it has).
All I need is the postage paying.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
John Wilson Avon quiver. About six years old, in good nick with the original bag.
I no longer need it as I now have the travel version. It's a great rod for someone new and for someone looking for a decent 1.25lb test curve rod. It'll happily manage anything from a Gudgeon to a ten pound Barbel (it has).
Me please,that's a great gesture

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Lovely gesture Phil. ๐Ÿ‘

christhecarpman

Chris
Site Supporter
Could I be considered?

I know ive been around since 2009, but im only 25 lol.

I genuinely only have a pole, and despite I never felt like quiver tip is "real" fishing I have many lakes up north west that could benefit from a well placed method feeder.

Also, can someone explain what the test curve means??

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Could I be considered?

I know ive been around since 2009, but im only 25 lol.

I genuinely only have a pole, and despite I never felt like quiver tip is "real" fishing I have many lakes up north west that could benefit from a well placed method feeder.

Also, can someone explain what the test curve means??
The test curve is the weight required to bend it to a certain position. Carp rods are typically around 2.75lb, barbel rods 1.5lb and avon type rods around 1.25lb. Commercial feeder rods are I believe around 0.75 to 1.25. Someone will correct me if Iโ€™m wrong. Feeder rods are more generally measured by their casting weight and float rods by the ideal line size. Sorry if you knew most of that but you asked about test curves and I wanted to give a full answer.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Right, I
Now going to it's new home.
Thankyou all for your thoughts and replies.

christhecarpman

Chris
Site Supporter
The test curve is the weight required to bend it to a certain position. Carp rods are typically around 2.75lb, barbel rods 1.5lb and avon type rods around 1.25lb. Commercial feeder rods are I believe around 0.75 to 1.25. Someone will correct me if Iโ€™m wrong. Feeder rods are more generally measured by their casting weight and float rods by the ideal line size. Sorry if you knew most of that but you asked about test curves and I wanted to give a full answer.
I didn't know so thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.