Free fishing?

Marshc

Hi guys, I’m working down in Witney today and travelling back to the west mids, is there anywhere half decent for a couple hours free fishing on the way home?
I’ve got set ups for all types of fishing
Thanks

Silverfisher

There’s free fishing on the windrush in Witney off bathing place lane. As to anywhere more on route that depends on where in the west mids you are heading?

Silverfisher

Dace, Chub, Trout from what I’ve seen but not fished it myself. In terms of the route back depends which way you go. M5 way I wouldn’t have a clue but surely be some free bits of the Severn. M40 way takes you through my patch though. There’s free fishing at osney and iffley locks in oxford that I’ve not fished specifically but I fish the club waters either side of them a couple times a month so I assume they’ll be similar in producing all the usual river species. Further up your way there’s day ticket fishing at Stratford upon Avon that £3 on the bank so almost free really. Again all the usual river species.

Marshc

I like the look of iffley, any ideas on parking without getting in trouble ha thanks

Silverfisher

Good choice there’s been some good roach bags coming out of donnington just upstream of there on hemp, caster, tares combo so sure some will be down at iffley as well. Given that you’ll be there in the week there might be some street side parking around the mill lane area of iffley but the closest certain parking is behind the riverside centre by donnington bridge.